[TD]10. Campbell County[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Others: Brossart 2, Conner 1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

2 coaches voting? What a joke.

Could not agree more - rankings matter. It's a slap in the face to every young man who works his tail off to play soccer and contribute to their team's success that their coach can't take the time to vote.

No real excuse for coaches not to participate - even if they haven't seen each team in person there are enough head-to-head results available to make informed decisions.

The Enquirer sends the voting instructions to the ADs or other school administrator. They likely do this because they only have to send out 1 email to all ADs and take care of all the sports. The responsibility then falls on the AD to pass along the voting instructions to each coach so they can vote.

I think it may be more likely that ADs aren't passing along the information to coaches, or at least not in a timely manner.

The Enquirer sends the voting instructions to the ADs or other school administrator. They likely do this because they only have to send out 1 email to all ADs and take care of all the sports. The responsibility then falls on the AD to pass along the voting instructions to each coach so they can vote.

I think it may be more likely that ADs aren't passing along the information to coaches, or at least not in a timely manner.

Well if this is true, you can rest assured that Highlands coach did not vote.

Coaches (and ADs) can defend themselves, but I would not jump to any conclusions as to why most of them did not vote. And does it really matter? Similar to end of the season awards which I understand are voted on by the coaches, each year are dictated a bit by favoritism, reputation (some are warranted, others not so much) and come down to more of a years of service awards then anything else.