Concert Watch Fall/Winter 2017

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive-By Truckers - The Forum @ Hazard, KY 09/24/2017

Gov't Mule - Mountain Arts Center @ Prestonsburg, KY 10/09/2017

Foo Fighters - Rupp Arena @ Lexington, KY 10/21/2017

Pretty chill second half of the year for me.

@Hangman , not sure if you were aware or not, but Jason Isbell is doing a two-night stint at the Louisville Palace in December. I can't remember if it's a Thursday/Friday or a Friday/Saturday combo, but I'm still considering whether or not I'm going to go. It's at the Palace, which means it's going to cost at least 60 bucks or so for the wife and I to both go, and it would make at least the 12th or 13th time I've seen him.

Still making my mind up about that.

@Hangman , not sure if you were aware or not, but Jason Isbell is doing a two-night stint at the Louisville Palace in December. I can't remember if it's a Thursday/Friday or a Friday/Saturday combo, but I'm still considering whether or not I'm going to go. It's at the Palace, which means it's going to cost at least 60 bucks or so for the wife and I to both go, and it would make at least the 12th or 13th time I've seen him.

Still making my mind up about that.

Yeah, I did see that. Probably going to have to skip out on that this year. I saw him at EKU earlier this year and then at the Palace on NYE a couple of years ago. It's really the perfect venue for him (the perfect venue in generally, in my eyes.)

I'd love to go, but unless someone gifts me some tickets we're trying to save a little cash right now. Commuting from Pikeville to Louisville, Cincinnati, and Lexington for shows gets pricy.

UFO and Saxon- Oct 12 at Bogarts in Cincinnati

Charlie Daniels- Aug 24 at Swiss Wine Festival in Vevay, IN

Zakk Sabbath- Sept 29 at 20th Century Theater in Cincinnati

Had no clue that there was a Zakk Sabbath (but I'm intrigued, and am listing to them do War Pigs as I'm typing this), but have you heard of Mac Sabbath??? - (Parody Sabbath band where lead singer is Ronald McDonald, and his bandmates are characters such as the Hamburgler, where every song is stupidly changed to represent food, for example "Iron Man" becomes "Frying Pan"). I didn't go but they played the Woodward on Main in OTR back in mid-March, as well as a show in Lexington a day or so later.

UFO and Saxon- Oct 12 at Bogarts in Cincinnati

Charlie Daniels- Aug 24 at Swiss Wine Festival in Vevay, IN

Zakk Sabbath- Sept 29 at 20th Century Theater in Cincinnati

The warmup band for Mac Sabbath was called Okilly Dokilly that played like a grindcore death metal where each member of the band dressed as Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. This tunes actually rocks even while the're obviously doing it tongue in cheek.