6A #2 Saint Xavier hosts 5A Cathedral (IN)

thsrocks

Who wins and why?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

The Tigers welcome the Irish from Indianapolis on Friday night. Cathedral is a co-ed private school with 1,184 students. The Indiana Football Coaches Association ranks the Irish #1 in 5A. Sr. Running back Markese Stepp (6’0 205 lb) plans to attend Notre Dame next year. Offensive lineman Emil Ekiyor, 6’4” 315 lb is on two dozen D-1 programs want lists.

I'll go with the Tigers in this one. Hopefully, the Tigers can wear down Cathedral with their depth, and rather large OL. X's defense seemed a little shaky reading through the updates.

Cathedral has pretty good jr QB, right?

I will try to find some information about him. Indy Star will post later this week. Cathedral Facebook page gives no information regarding individual players.

Cathedral was always one of the toughest games on Trinity's schedule when they played and the games were hard fought. They are well coached and don't beat themselves. I think I'll give X a slight edge because of the emotional boost of christening their new field but wouldn't be shocked if Cathedral goes home with a win.