2017 Breeders Cup World Championships @ Del Mar

jahearme

I know we have some horse racing fans on here, so I wanted to share.

Yesterday, I booked my plane to Del Mar to attend the Breeders Cup Nov. 3-4! I am beyond excited about this trip, as I'll knock an item off my Bucket List. I won't be able to enjoy the San Diego area that much, because I won't be getting into town until late Thursday night and I'll be heading back to Kentucky Sunday morning.

Has anyone ever been out there? What can I expect?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
Leaving tomorrow!

Anyone have any tips?

I love Elate in the Distaff on Friday.

I am hoping to beat Gun Runner with Collected in the Classic on Saturday.

Bucherro in the turf sprint and Bullard’s Alley in the Longine’s turf IF the turf is soft.

The horse I own a hoof clip on, Cistron, is running in race 7 Thursday if you are there. It might me a tough win, but I think he will place. He is the 2nd choice.

Bucherro in the turf sprint and Bullard’s Alley in the Longine’s turf IF the turf is soft.

The horse I own a hoof clip on, Cistron, is running in race 7 Thursday if you are there. It might me a tough win, but I think he will place. He is the 2nd choice.

My flight doesn't land in San Diego until 9:40 tomorrow night.

Good luck!

My flight doesn't land in San Diego until 9:40 tomorrow night.

Good luck!

One of the few airports that you still step off the plane and walk outside. Enjoy Del Mar, where the surf meets the turf. I enjoy pulling in the parking lot to Bing Crosby playing on the speaker system. You have the mariachi bands with margarita stands in the infield. I'm jealous.

That’s pretty cool. Names please! Any tips????

The two in my van were Bucherro on the left and Bullard’s Alley. I posted about them earlier. Both had good recent outings, but one never knows how they will take to a new course.

7 in the 7th. I threw down a little scratch on him. Good luck!