Which Western Kentucky games are the most interesting to you this season?

Other games on my shortlist:

09/01/17 Bowling Green vs. St. Xavier

St. Xavier is sitting at the #2 spot in Louisville once again, and the two-year defending 5A champs are going to go head to head early on in the season. This should be a great one.

09/22/17 Mayfield vs. Corbin

OG versus OG. This is going to be an absolute grudge match for Corbin trying to get the Cardinals back for handing them a 1 point loss last year.

10/20/17 Greenwood vs. Highlands

An interesting cross-state matchup between two teams in the same classification. Not something you get to see every year. This should give us a bit of a window into how 5A football in WKY and 5A football in NKY stack up against each other.

These games should be on any WKY fans radar this season IMO:

4A Hopkinsville at 5A South Warren

3A Elizabethtown at 4A Franklin Simpson

2A Mayfield at 4A Hopkinsville

6A St Xavier at 5A Bowling Green

5A Christian County at 4A Hopkinsville

2A Owensboro Catholic at 5A Owensboro

5A Christian County at 5A Owensboro

5A Bowling Green at 6A Pleasure Ridge Park

5A Greenwood at 5A South Warren

5A South Warren at 5A Bowling Green

6A McCracken County at 2A Mayfield

Let me expand a bit:

4A Hopkinsville at 5A South Warren - lots of NEW players on the field for this one.

3A Elizabethtown at 4A Franklin Simpson - 2 teams with deep playoff hopes square off in this one right out of the gate.

2A Mayfield at 4A Hopkinsville - Mayfield always schedules well IMO, but this is an upgrade even though Jalen Johnson won't be suiting up for the Tigers.

6A St Xavier at 5A Bowling Green - Can the young Purples make the plays against the sea of Xavarians - Come to the El and find out!

5A Christian County at 4A Hopkinsville - Christian County's first tough game of the year! Never can tell about rival games.

2A Owensboro Catholic at 5A Owensboro - Red Devils seeking revenge for last years loss. Aces are loaded at the skill spots. Very entertaining game here!

5A Christian County at 5A Owensboro - 1 of the best games right here. Will determine the district winner IMO and that is flat out HUGE!

5A Bowling Green at 6A Pleasure Ridge Park - Game #2 for the young Purples against a better than you think 6A club with a full compliment of SR skill guys to boot!

5A Greenwood at 5A South Warren - Gators are riding high! Spartans want revenge after last seasons ground breaking loss at the Swamp! But this time It's a District Game! HUGE because a home playoff game is on the line IMO.

5A South Warren at 5A Bowling Green - The game that should have been 2 years ago. If you want to rob a bank in BG, pick this night as the El will be rockin.

6A McCracken County at 2A Mayfield Mayfield will be very good this year IMO. McCracken can be good, but I honestly don't know. This game has become a fan favorite in the Purchase Area. As McCracken has extremely strong fan support just like the Cardinals!

Weeks 2 and 3 (vs PRP and vs St X) for the Purples will be their biggest threats of getting an "L" in their last 27 games. I know Christian County pushed them (Purples just had a complete meltdown in 1 quarter against them - but bounced back strong for the Win)

PRP will be the best team Purples has faced in several games that will match up with them athlete to athlete. 8 out of 10 regular season games the Purples just simply outrun everyone. Speed is hard to beat at any level, especially High School. PRP will match Purples speed. If Purples win it (it will be a tough game) they will win it with our coaching schemes and off the talent of a few studs on the team, namely Tisdale.

St X (week 3 for Purples) will (and probably can) just push the Purples D-line off the ball. It has been several years since our D-Line has been this young. Not a good year to have a newby D-Line against the corn fed boys of X. X goal will simply be to keep our offense off the field. I don't think X will be able to stop our offense. This will be the game of the year for our new QB. If he (Beau BuCANNON) can have a good game vs X, I like our chances

2 huge games for the Western KY part of the state in my opinion. Anyone available to go see these two games, you should do it. If by chance Purples go 3-0 (will be tough), Good night Irene!

Let me expand a bit:

4A Hopkinsville at 5A South Warren - lots of NEW players on the field for this one.

3A Elizabethtown at 4A Franklin Simpson - 2 teams with deep playoff hopes square off in this one right out of the gate.

2A Mayfield at 4A Hopkinsville - Mayfield always schedules well IMO, but this is an upgrade even though Jalen Johnson won't be suiting up for the Tigers.

6A St Xavier at 5A Bowling Green - Can the young Purples make the plays against the sea of Xavarians - Come to the El and find out!

5A Christian County at 4A Hopkinsville - Christian County's first tough game of the year! Never can tell about rival games.

2A Owensboro Catholic at 5A Owensboro - Red Devils seeking revenge for last years loss. Aces are loaded at the skill spots. Very entertaining game here!

5A Christian County at 5A Owensboro - 1 of the best games right here. Will determine the district winner IMO and that is flat out HUGE!

5A Bowling Green at 6A Pleasure Ridge Park - Game #2 for the young Purples against a better than you think 6A club with a full compliment of SR skill guys to boot!

5A Greenwood at 5A South Warren - Gators are riding high! Spartans want revenge after last seasons ground breaking loss at the Swamp! But this time It's a District Game! HUGE because a home playoff game is on the line IMO.

5A South Warren at 5A Bowling Green - The game that should have been 2 years ago. If you want to rob a bank in BG, pick this night as the El will be rockin.

6A McCracken County at 2A Mayfield Mayfield will be very good this year IMO. McCracken can be good, but I honestly don't know. This game has become a fan favorite in the Purchase Area. As McCracken has extremely strong fan support just like the Cardinals!

If South stumbles as many times as some of us think, then I don't think that game will be as big as previously anticipated. The 2011 WC/BG game is the only time I've seen the El just jam-packed like it would have been if these teams met two years ago, and that was in large part due to two teams entering that with 7-0 records. If South can pick it back up this year... then maybe.