Anyone live in a log home or timber frame home ? Or know about them ?

hidinout

Looking to build one soon but I'm def' a rookie . Went to a log home show in Columbus Oh last month, that helped but still a ton of questions. Seems like if you go with a company and buy a package its really $$$$ per Sq ft . Anyone an semi expert on the topic ? Thanks

Looking to build one soon but I'm def' a rookie . Went to a log home show in Columbus Oh last month, that helped but still a ton of questions. Seems like if you go with a company and buy a package its really $$$$ per Sq ft . Anyone an semi expert on the topic ? Thanks
I was very close to doing exactly that. I even had a down payment on a package made. My issue ended up with lack of contractors who would do that job. The outfit I had commissioned the package from had no contractors in this area, and it was astronomical for me to get one from out of town to get to my site for the build. So, I got the refund minus my $150 fee :irked: and I just built a different type money pit.

Price a 1900 sq ft home from timber block company . near 160K for the " package " and the company says 360-410 K for turnkey . The package is walls , floors and roof , windows and structural beams , doors and window trim.

NOT Inc foundation , basement , ext stairs , decks , decking , kitchen cabinets . Wow . And I really liked that LITTLE pad .. lol

And in your neck of the woods, I wonder if you know Bob Bailey. Lives out on Wolf Pen, built his own from the logs on his place when he had it timbered. Has one nail in the place, it's on the back of the front door to hang his coat. That's some craftsmanship.