Trinity High School Announces its 2016 Football Schedule

Trinity High School Announces its 2016 Football Schedule

Trinity High School, Kentucky’s 23-time football state champion, announces its 2016 varsity football schedule. The schedule continues to feature top-caliber competition from Kentucky and Tennessee.

The Shamrocks will take on McCracken County High School on Friday, August 12 at Trinity in a pre-season scrimmage game.

The schedule includes the rivalry game against cross-town foe St. Xavier High School on September 30. The game annually draws one of the largest crowds for a regular season high school game in America.

Trinity will open the season on the road in Nashville at Ensworth High School. That game will be followed with Trinity hosting Brentwood Academy, another Nashville powerhouse.

Regular season, non-district opponents will include Lexington Lafayette High School, Male High School and PRP High School.

Trinity will play district games against Jeffersontown High School, Eastern High School, Seneca High School and Ballard High School.

Director of Athletics Rob Saxton H’15 stated, “We believe our fans will enjoy this blend of local and out-of-town opponents against schools that are familiar to Trinity. Our coaches and players are working hard in the off-season as they prepare for a schedule that we hope carries into December.”

Head coach Bob Beatty H’03 said, “We are excited about playing a second consecutive year against this schedule. Our young men are preparing by putting in time in the weight room, into their off-season conditioning and by gaining valuable reps in our just completed spring football program. We look forward to that first scrimmage on August 12 vs. McCracken County.”

For more information contact Trinity AD, Rob Saxton H’15 (502) 736-2132 or saxton@thsrock.net.

Trinity High School – Louisville, KY - 2016 Varsity Football Schedule

August 12 (McCracken County High School- scrimmage)

August 19 Ensworth High School (Tenn.) Nashville, Tenn.

August 26 Brentwood Academy (Tenn.) Marshall Stadium

September 2 Lafayette High School Lexington, Ky.

September 9 Male High School Marshall Stadium

September 16 Pleasure Ridge Park High School at PRP

September 23 Jeffersontown High School Marshall Stadium

September 30 St. Xavier High School Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium

October 7 Eastern High School at Eastern

October 14 Seneca High School at Seneca

October 21 Ballard High School Marshall Stadium

October 28 Open

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No win situation last month of the season. Starters need to get their reps in and work towards playoffs, but schedule will dictate JV kids in by halftime. Wonder if that will come back to bite them in the playoffs.

I hear what you are saying.

I think if you are Trinity you are crossing your fingers and hoping Eastern, Seneca, and Ballard all field one of their best teams in 2016.

No win situation last month of the season. Starters need to get their reps in and work towards playoffs' date=' but schedule will dictate JV kids in by halftime. Wonder if that will come back to bite them in the playoffs.[/quote']

While I wasn't a fan of the gerrymandering that created the Super district, I miss its competitiveness when I look at the current one.

I hear what you are saying.

I think if you are Trinity you are crossing your fingers and hoping Eastern, Seneca, and Ballard all field one of their best teams in 2016.

They would be better off playing a better 1A or 2A team than Eastern and Seneca.

Trinity just needs to go Independent and play for national titles.

Play

Brentwood

Moller

St X (ky)

St X (OH)

Princeton (OH)

Ben Davis

Highlands

Male

team from Fla

Team from GA

No way.

I know it is a sore subject for so many people but schools like Trinity, X, Highlands, Bowling Green, etc. raise the bar for all KY schools.

No way.

I know it is a sore subject for so many people but schools like Trinity, X, Highlands, Bowling Green, etc. raise the bar for all KY schools.

I agree but wouldnt it be cool to have a team from KY just play the top notch teams every week. Talk about raising the bar and making a ton of money from gate and espn

I agree but wouldnt it be cool to have a team from KY just play the top notch teams every week. Talk about raising the bar and making a ton of money from gate and espn

It would be extremely cool.

However, I don't want to see that type of model trickle down to the prep ranks.

This is a good schedule for this years team. I expect to take some lumps early as they lost a bunch of scoring on offense and do not appear to have any D1 talent starting. They can still go all the way as neither Male nor St. X appear to be super strong this year. It will be an interesting year and a challenging one for the staff.