Local Meteorologist Predicts All-Time High (Or Maybe Low) - Arrested for Marijuana

Wireman

Two thoughts here:

1. This is a pretty standard pot bust that happens all around KY (and I assume all around the US). I did work some (not much) plainclothes narcotics and I assisted in countless investigations and again this is pretty standard operating procedure. In other words, the officers did a good job and they are only following the laws on the books and doing their job.

2. The comments below the article clearly show society's changing view on marijuana. Marijuana enforcement is a complete waste of time and government resources. If we want to keep marijuana illegal alcohol should be illegal ten times over. It needs to be legalized just like Colorado and it needs to be done so in such a way to stimulate the state economy. In other words, the little man/woman needs to be on equal footing with large corporations and/or wealthy men and women.

Throwing that F word around.

She's no different than anyone else who's been arrested on three charges. It wouldn't be fair if they treated her differently.

There is an obvious change of thinking and law in America on Marijuana. Like I have said before, we need to look at the decriminalization of Marijuana.

If we want to talk about fair, I live in NKY, I never see a State Trooper unless one is trying to dip into my pocket on the Interstate. I pay taxes, lots of them. Why don't I get police protection from KSP? Why doesn't KSP patrol my streets? If KSP has time to chase down people like this (for a law we all know is changing soon) then KSP sure as heck needs to make time to fully patrol all areas of Kentucky.

There is an obvious change of thinking and law in America on Marijuana. Like I have said before, we need to look at the decriminalization of Marijuana.

If we want to talk about fair, I live in NKY, I never see a State Trooper unless one is trying to dip into my pocket on the Interstate. I pay taxes, lots of them. Why don't I get police protection from KSP? Why doesn't KSP patrol my streets? If KSP has time to chase down people like this (for a law we all know is changing soon) then KSP sure as heck needs to make time to fully patrol all areas of Kentucky.

Life isn't fair. You are more than welcome to move to an area more rural where KSP patrols more often.

Why would you want KSP in your county, so you could complain about how long it takes them to show up if you call? :lol2:

Also, just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. I bet if you needed/requested one, they'd come.

On marijuana, the fight to legalize it is one thing.

My point is...it isn't legal. She knew the consequences.

Life isn't fair. You are more than welcome to move to an area more rural where KSP patrols more often.

Why would you want KSP in your county, so you could complain about how long it takes them to show up if you call? :lol2:

Because I want the police protection I pay for.

If you want to get down to it, it is really a form of fraud by the Commonwealth of KY and KSP. We pay for KSP police service and we do not get what we pay for.