Acoustic Guitars

Jackie Ed

Was at my brothers today and he had hung up on his basement wall, two acoustic guitars, an electric fender and my nephews ukele. I had a guitar I won at a benefit but my son snapped the neck when he was two using it as a climbing pole. I'm very interested in getting another one. I know good ones can be pricey, I'm just looking for opinions on decent priced ones. I'd just be strumming in the basement on random nights.

Played a Martin, played a Taylor, liked them both (didn't own them). College roommate had an Ovation, I had an Epiphone 12-string for years. I liked the Epiphone because of relatively short fingers. Yamaha is a good value if your fingers are long enough.

For what you're looking for you can do a lot worse than a Yamaha. The price is right for their entry level stuff but the quality is a plus. You might have to make some sacrifices, like a composite neck, but for just keeping around to bang on it's nothing.

Also worth keeping an eye on Craigslist. Can always find used guitars on there and sometimes for a steal.