Kentucky @ Tennessee.....thoughts, predictions

oldrambler

Who wins ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ?

Kentucky is coming off a good performance (although an L) in the toughest venue imo in America for an opponent to play..Phog Allen / Kansas vs. a team that I feel has a very good shot at a national championship this season.

Now it's back to conference play on Tuesday night..... on to Knoxville at Rocky Top. I think that although it's a rival game on the road that U.K. will still get this one. UT is imo now very well coached but short on talent this season. What say you ?

U.K. by around 10, give or take a couple of points either way.

I think we will see some lingering soreness/ tiredness from the game in Saturday in Ulis. I don't care who you are, playing 45 minutes is going to take its toll on anyone, and I think Ulis will still be feeling it in this game.

That being said, I haven't really watched Tennessee much this year, but know they usually give us a good game. I think it will be a close game until about the 10 minute mark, with UK pulling out a 10-12 point win.

If I was a UK fan, this game would make me very nervous. That being said, Tennessee is bad...but outside of the Vandy game, they've been very good at home. I think this ends up looking like the Texas A&M game, where UT hangs around all night, the crowd stays into it, but at the end of the day, UK's billys and joes prevail.

UK by 3-5.

Any time the letters KENTUCKY are on the front of a uniformed player trotting onto the UT floor in Knoxville it immeadiately turns the orange clad opponents into NBA first round prospects for one night. Actually, that phenomenon holds true in most venues but seems like it's even more so at Tennessee. I remember an undefeated UK team going into their old arena in 1966 for their last game of the season before the tournament started (that ended in a championship loss to Texas Western) and the Vols gave them their first loss.

So this game concerns me especially coming off the big emotionally charged game at Kansas. I hope they can continue their improved play. I think UK wins this one but I believe it will be close, within a 5 point margin.

Tickets are usually available for UK fans down there at decent prices. We have been there several times in the past 20 years and find very good seats for not much above face value, and most the time at face value. I like their arena. It seats 25,000 and all their seats are chair backs. And there's a lot more room to navigate in and out of the rows of seats than they are in Rupp. They have a nice facility.

I remember an undefeated UK team going into their old arena in 1966 for their last game of the season before the tournament started (that ended in a championship loss to Texas Western) and the Vols gave them their first loss.

Let it go... :D

Let it go... :D

Lol. I'm giving my age away with those kind of post. But I can remember it just like it was yesterday. I was 11 years I old and watched the game on a small black and white TV at a local service station hangout. I can recall a a Tennessee fan's hand was in front of the camera that was positioned in the top of the arena and he was giving the number 1 signal.