X-Files return

Jim Schue

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, did Mulder and Scully have a child together?

Like Jim, I am also geeked about this, Mrs. MF was unfamiliar with the show, so we watched some netflix episodes in anticipation. I did have to laugh at Mulder and Scully telling each other that they have had a child together.

There are very few newer type TV shows that I watch anymore, as many simply annoy me.

My favorite in recent years has been "The Big Bang Theory", and dark drama's or CSI kind of crap bores me to tears.

I was aware of X-Files years ago, but never got around to checking it out.

I took in this season's first episode following the NFC championship game and found it fairly interesting because I dig the subject matter, and was thinking that maybe I'd continue to follow it.

I was truly hoping to like it.

I took in tonight's episode as well and gave it 45 minutes before shutting it off. It was really getting on my nerves.

The dialogue doesn't sound real or believable. I can't stand the tone of Scully's voice. In two shows I already can see that Scully doubts every theory that Mulder comes up with as if he's out of his mind, but if they know each other so well there's no logic to her always being perplexed by his ideas.

I love alien topics, and would just rather watch a documentary than put myself through this dark annoying nonsense. The whole sheen, the writing, and delivery just isn't my cup of tea, but that's not surprising because very little on TV ever is.

There are very few newer type TV shows that I watch anymore, as many simply annoy me.

My favorite in recent years has been "The Big Bang Theory", and dark drama's or CSI kind of crap bores me to tears.

I was aware of X-Files years ago, but never got around to checking it out.

I took in this season's first episode following the NFC championship game and found it fairly interesting because I dig the subject matter, and was thinking that maybe I'd continue to follow it.

I was truly hoping to like it.

I took in tonight's episode as well and gave it 45 minutes before shutting it off. It was really getting on my nerves.

The dialogue doesn't sound real or believable. I can't stand the tone of Scully's voice. In two shows I already can see that Scully doubts every theory that Mulder comes up with as if he's out of his mind, but if they know each other so well there's no logic to her always being perplexed by his ideas.

I love alien topics, and would just rather watch a documentary than put myself through this dark annoying nonsense. The whole sheen, the writing, and delivery just isn't my cup of tea, but that's not surprising because very little on TV ever is.

I'm going to say that watching the Sunday and Monday episodes without having previously watched the show regularly would make it difficult to appreciate. Monday's episode was better than Sunday's, but there's so much backstory that coming into it cold would make for a tough connection. This mini-series probably was never intended for anybody but old-time fans.

Roswell has been worn out in these type of shows. This one started out with that supposedly alien crash. I've read a couple of books in the past year about that incident. Both were written by authors who started out believing that aliens crashed near Roswell, but changed their beliefs after researching the episodes around that event. It soon become clear that what was discovered by locals was the remains of a high altitude balloons with electronic spying devices on board that had descended to the earth. Several balloons had been sent up in a top secret army operation called Mogul. It was 1947, in the beginnings of the Cold War era, and the US government were using the high altitude balloons and listening devices to attempt to hear Soviet atomic blast test. There was a government cover-up about the Roswell events but it had nothing to do with aliens and everything to do with a top secret government program. The cover-up occurred when the army tried to convince the public that the crash debris was a weather balloon.

Knowing this information kind of takes the fun out of these kind of shows but I still watched it. The X Files is an entertaining show.

I'm going to say that watching the Sunday and Monday episodes without having previously watched the show regularly would make it difficult to appreciate. Monday's episode was better than Sunday's, but there's so much backstory that coming into it cold would make for a tough connection. This mini-series probably was never intended for anybody but old-time fans.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit and I'm a newbie.