Holy Cross vs NewCath All-A regional finals predictions

The makings of a classic. I am a 10th Region guy, so have only seen each team once. Holy Cross's unimpressive loss to Brossart and NC's win over St. Henry. Brossart's guard play was far superior to HC that was overly dependent on Bezold who was an absolute interior beast that night. NC's guard play was outstanding against St. Henry and Weyer was very protective of his shooting wrist (played defense totally left handed and didn't bang on the boards...still shot exceptionally well).

Whenever this game is played (snowout?), will have to be there for this one. With both teams aggressive defensive style this game could easily be won at the line. NC shooting 75% as a team is pretty impressive.

Great matchup between two talented teams. Holy Cross has experience and great balance. NewCath has tremendous player in Weyer and getting better as season progresses.

Too close for me to call. I think it will be a close game.

I guess this is one way to keep a great prediction record. Never predict the tough games. I think Holy Cross will get this one. It will be tight but I see them pulling it out.

Great matchup between two talented teams. Holy Cross has experience and great balance. NewCath has tremendous player in Weyer and getting better as season progresses.

Too close for me to call. I think it will be a close game.

Guess this one falls in 1% of games you can't call correct? Or Maybe its because it's because its not an obvious pick. Either way, NewCath rolls 59-46

Guess this one falls in 1% of games you can't call correct? Or Maybe its because it's because its not an obvious pick. Either way, NewCath rolls 59-46

It's not an obvious pick. It's a toss up, unlike Holy Cross beating Newport was. That was obvious. Holy Cross a better team than Newport, easy pick.

NewCath and Holy Cross have outstanding teams and this will be a great one. We will see how close your prediction is on this game.

I believe this game could be a preview of the Ninth Region championship game in March. Of course, the blind draw could put them in the same bracket which would be unfortunate.

The winner of NewCath and Holy Cross would appear to have a great shot at winning the All-A state title. It will also give either Weyer or Bezold a nice stage to show everyone their talent. Weyer, IMO, is a Division I player who got overlooked. He is going to be an All-American in Division II.

A question to those that know Weyer's game. Only saw Weyer last night for the first time. His injured wrist greatly hampered his rebounding and defense as he avoided all uncontrolled contact with it. His offense which he controlled was obviously very impressive. When he is healthy, are his defense and rebounding next level caliber in grit, effort and quickness? Some posts have referenced All American talent at D2! I was very impressed, but know I didn't see him healthy.

A question to those that know Weyer's game. Only saw Weyer last night for the first time. His injured wrist greatly hampered his rebounding and defense as he avoided all uncontrolled contact with it. His offense which he controlled was obviously very impressive. When he is healthy, are his defense and rebounding next level caliber in grit, effort and quickness? Some posts have referenced All American talent at D2! I was very impressed, but know I didn't see him healthy.

I believe this game could be a preview of the Ninth Region championship game in March. Of course, the blind draw could put them in the same bracket which would be unfortunate.

The winner of NewCath and Holy Cross would appear to have a great shot at winning the All-A state title. It will also give either Weyer or Bezold a nice stage to show everyone their talent. Weyer, IMO, is a Division I player who got overlooked. He is going to be an All-American D2

Weyer can play D and rebound with the best players his size. I'm sure it was the wrist and just getting back into things.

I think NCC wins the game here. I do not believe holy cross has the depth or size to win.

I think the same issue will keep them out of the regional finals in March. They lack any real depth and it will haunt them down the stretch this year.