Holy Cross vs NewCath All-A regional finals predictions

A question to those that know Weyer's game. Only saw Weyer last night for the first time. His injured wrist greatly hampered his rebounding and defense as he avoided all uncontrolled contact with it. His offense which he controlled was obviously very impressive. When he is healthy, are his defense and rebounding next level caliber in grit, effort and quickness? Some posts have referenced All American talent at D2! I was very impressed, but know I didn't see him healthy.

I believe that Ben was one of the leading rebounders in the EYBL this past year. It is pretty apparent that NCC has sufficient depth, but why not use it? I have heard several say Wurtz should get more minutes to spell Ben, Wrobleski is a garbage man and I know that Austin Neff would be seeing significant minutes at just about every school in NKY.

Have heard it said that this is not Dawn's style, well the style he has employed has not exactly gotten them to the promised land the last few years despite a wealth of talent. Is this the year where maybe the expectations are not quite as high and they get the monkey off their back?

If I am an NCC fan, I think I want Holy Cross to win this game. It seems that the last few years that the All A State Tourney has taken a little gas out of the tank when the regional tourney rolls around.

I believe this game could be a preview of the Ninth Region championship game in March. Of course, the blind draw could put them in the same bracket which would be unfortunate.

The winner of NewCath and Holy Cross would appear to have a great shot at winning the All-A state title. It will also give either Weyer or Bezold a nice stage to show everyone their talent. Weyer, IMO, is a Division I player who got overlooked. He is going to be an All-American in Division II.

The 9th Region winner gets LCA in Round 1, they are no slouch....then more than likely Cordia in the semi's and Owen County in the finals. Not a very easy road to winning it all by any stretch, but they could.

The 9th Region winner gets LCA in Round 1, they are no slouch....then more than likely Cordia in the semi's and Owen County in the finals. Not a very easy road to winning it all by any stretch, but they could.

When I saw Owen County in the other bracket I thought that is a good thing for NewCath or Holy Cross. I do not know about LCA or Cordia enough to comment. I saw their records, did not know about their talent. I know Cordia got into trouble a couple of years ago for playing illegal players, right?

I believe that Ben was one of the leading rebounders in the EYBL this past year. It is pretty apparent that NCC has sufficient depth, but why not use it? I have heard several say Wurtz should get more minutes to spell Ben, Wrobleski is a garbage man and I know that Austin Neff would be seeing significant minutes at just about every school in NKY.

Have heard it said that this is not Dawn's style, well the style he has employed has not exactly gotten them to the promised land the last few years despite a wealth of talent. Is this the year where maybe the expectations are not quite as high and they get the monkey off their back?

If I am an NCC fan, I think I want Holy Cross to win this game. It seems that the last few years that the All A State Tourney has taken a little gas out of the tank when the regional tourney rolls around.

I understand your point, but a player wants to win regardless of how much toll it might take. I always thought the Old Famous Recipe Classic was better than the All-A for good teams like NewCath and Holy Cross, but it is what it is. Coach Dawn is a proven winner and knows what he is doing as far as subs, watched him twice this week.

I understand your point, but a player wants to win regardless of how much toll it might take. I always thought the Old Famous Recipe Classic was better than the All-A for good teams like NewCath and Holy Cross, but it is what it is. Coach Dawn is a proven winner and knows what he is doing as far as subs, watched him twice this week.

Famous Recipe Classic was a great tourney.

This Tourney wasnt classified correct.

Thought so. I watched a Graves County team led by Richie Floyd play Newport with Shawn Brown and Donnie Mills in a classic game in the Famous Recipe.

Im considering going to this game. Sounds like everyone thinks it will be a good one. Will there be a problem getting tickets? What time should I get there. Never been to Lloyd

It will not be a sell out. Parking may be an issue but you could really get there at any time. Get there at 6:30 and you will have no problem getting a good parking spot and be able to take your pick of seats.