Covington Catholic Junior Lucas Timmerman Aces the ACT

hoops5

Congratulations to Covington Catholic's Lucas Timmerman! What an accomplishment. Great kid from a very nice family.

Well done!

Have to add that Lucas is also an Immaculate Heart of Mary grad. :thumb:

Earlier this morning, Covington Catholic High School announced that Lucas Timmerman, a junior, has earned the top composite score of 36 on the ACT college admission and placement exam. He is the son of Jerry and Jennifer Timmerman of Florence, KY, and a member of Immaculate Heart of Mary parish.

Last week, Covington Latin announced that 15-year-old junior Will Geers also achieved a perfect score.

Nationally, while the actual number of students earning a composite score of 36 varies from year to year, on average, less than one-tenth of one percent of students who take the ACT earns the top score. Among test takers in the high school graduating class of 2014, only 1,407 of nearly 1.85 million students earned a composite score of 36.

While the achievement is significant and rare, Timmerman is the third current student at Covington Catholic to earn a composite score of 36 this school year. Senior Adrian Neff and junior Logan Boyle have also received a 36 on the ACT.

swing-this-300x130-ad.jpg

The ACT consists of tests in English, mathematics, reading and science. Each test is scored on a scale of 1-36, and a student's composite score is the average of the four test scores.

In a letter recognizing this exceptional achievement, ACT CEO Jon Whitmore said, “While test scores are just one of the many criteria that most colleges consider when making admission decisions, your exceptional ACT composite score should prove helpful as you pursue your education and career goals.” ACT test scores are accepted by all major U.S. colleges. Exceptional scores of 36 provide colleges with evidence of student readiness for the academic rigors that lie ahead.

In addition to excelling academically, Timmerman is involved in many activities including varsity football, National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, the Magnified Giving Club (President), the Covington Catholic Student Ambassadors, the Covington Catholic Chamber Choir, and the Regional Youth Leadership program. He was recently selected for the 2015 Kentucky Governor’s Scholars Program.

“Lucas is an outstanding young man,” said Covington Catholic Principal Bob Rowe. “Besides his intelligence, he possesses a maturity, confidence and work ethic that will allow him to be very successful in his future endeavors.”

Covington Catholic High School is a Blue Ribbon of Excellence award winning college preparatory high school located in Park Hills, Kentucky.

Another NKY High School Student Aces ACT Exam | The River City News

36 is simply hard to grasp for my simple mind.

3 at CCH is crazy. I read today that a Covington Latin kid also scored a 36.

Congrats to all.

15 yr old Will Geers at Covington Latin. And 3 this year at CCH is something special for sure.

I heard the incoming frosh class at CCH will exceed 188 students. I believe that is

the largest freshman class ever. Plans already in the works to accommodate the growth.

Congrats to all four students on such an outstanding achievement !

I heard the incoming frosh class at CCH will exceed 188 students. I believe that is

the largest freshman class ever. Plans already in the works to accommodate the growth.

That is great news. It is almost unbelievable the growth the school is seeing.

Have not heard the number but I know that there were 176 who took the HSP at the school this year, so 188 is certainly within reason.

Also - Congrats to the Timmerman's! One of my sons graduated with Troy so I got to know the family a bit. First class.

Impressive and congrats to these young men. It's obvious they have a God given gift that no school can teach! WOW!

God given talent? No doubt.

To imply the school had zero to do with it? Believe what you want to believe.