Officer Accidentally Shoots and Kills Suspect

Clyde

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Here is the video from the officer who chased him. Not even sure why the old insurance exec/part-time reservist would pull his taser.

WATCH: Police release graphic video of Tulsa man as he was killed by cop who thought he pulled his Taser

Is it just me or does it seem like blacks really need to be more careful when approached by officers of the law? And videotape it too.

Is it just me or does it seem like blacks really need to be more careful when approached by officers of the law? And videotape it too.

The NC shooting that was caught on tape makes this a fair question. I believe this was truly a mistake. However, a fair question to ask , and it will make some uncomfortable , is does the officer/insurance exec reach for anything if it's a white guy? I read that OK has the highest rate of blacks being shot.

Too many examples now being caught on tape to completely ignore the question.

The NC shooting that was caught on tape makes this a fair question. I believe this was truly a mistake. However, a fair question to ask , and it will make some uncomfortable , is does the officer/insurance exec reach for anything if it's a white guy? I read that OK has the highest rate of blacks being shot.

Too many examples now being caught on tape to completely ignore the question.

There was a study not long ago that said police were more hesitant to shoot black suspects than whites.

“Once you start looking at levels of violence, levels of threat, blacks are not shot in manners that are disproportionate to their involvement in illegal activity,” he said. “And it doesn’t matter if the cop is black, white or Hispanic, police officers presented with deadly threats use deadly force. Period, paragraph, end of story.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/5/police-officers-more-hesitant-to-shoot-black-suspe/#ixzz3X9hdhFEG

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter"

Also since 2004, about 43% of all police that were feloniously killed were killed by blacks, and 52% by whites.

I think there's more to the story than simply police just kill blacks because they're racist.

There was a study not long ago that said police were more hesitant to shoot black suspects than whites.

“Once you start looking at levels of violence, levels of threat, blacks are not shot in manners that are disproportionate to their involvement in illegal activity,” he said. “And it doesn’t matter if the cop is black, white or Hispanic, police officers presented with deadly threats use deadly force. Period, paragraph, end of story.”

Read more: Police officers more hesitant to shoot black suspects, study finds - Washington Times

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter"

Also since 2004, about 43% of all police that were feloniously killed were killed by blacks, and 52% by whites.

I think there's more to the story than simply police just kill blacks because they're racist.

You beat me to it. That's what I was thinking of as well.

I am not apposed to someone in their 70's being in some sort of work that has them carrying a firearm, what I do have issues with is this "pay us a lot of money and you can wear a badge, a gun, and be a cop". How much training was involved? Any training at all? If they have even half of the training that officers have to go through I may even be okay with it.

Now, for him being 73, wasn't is odd to see him keep pace with the much younger guy? He almost caught up to him anyway. Either the guy who was shot was in horrible shape or the 73 year old could run.