KY All-Star Team Tryouts Eliminated

Sad to see, but it looks like the end is almost near for the Kentucky/Indiana All-Star game.

If I read correctly while skimming an article yesterday the attendance in KY for the game last year was 800. They lost about $3k. Lost $7k when it was at Freedom Hall.

If I read correctly while skimming an article yesterday the attendance in KY for the game last year was 800. They lost about $3k. Lost $7k when it was at Freedom Hall.

Attendance has been okay in Indiana but terrible in Kentucky. I'm not sure this type of event is relevant or needed in this day and age.

If they sincerley want to see this game die, they are certainly going about it the right way. A sad day for Ky. high school basketball, if any of this is true.

Edited by dahorn
spelling

Could college scouts watch the tryouts? If so, that would seem like a positive for kids participating that maybe hadn't signed yet.

Yes they could. It was mostly NAIA schools and JUCO that attended and watched.

If they sincerley want to see this game die' date=' they are certainly going about it the right way. A sad day for Ky. high school basketball, if any of this is true.[/quote']

It is true.