UL Pulls Offer from South Carolina Mr. Football

HoopsLady

When I see stories like this it tells me that young men and women out there always do what is best for number one.

In other words, you change your mind as much as you want no matter what anyone says.

I think you have to go beyond that. I think we are at the point where you have to "commit" to multiple programs and receive multiple LOIs on signing day. You really don't have anything from a program until the LOI is in hand!

I think you have to go beyond that. I think we are at the point where you have to "commit" to multiple programs and receive multiple LOIs on signing day. You really don't have anything from a program until the LOI is in hand!

I agree. If schools can pull an offer (in a situation like this) then the athletes should be able to commit to multiple programs.

Non-UL fans were making a HUGE deal about this on Twitter last night... After the week they've had in recruiting I guess they needed something to make themselves feel better. Big programs ask players to gray shirt all the time, so why the uproar when UL does it is beyond me. It's the business of recruiting, and it isn't always pretty.

Non-UL fans were making a HUGE deal about this on Twitter last night... After the week they've had in recruiting I guess they needed something to make themselves feel better. Big programs ask players to gray shirt all the time, so why the uproar when UL does it is beyond me. It's the business of recruiting, and it isn't always pretty.

I don't follow this stuff but it looks like a player they don't really want and used this option so that he would jump ship.

I don't follow this stuff but it looks like a player they don't really want and used this option so that he would jump ship.

I don't like it when other schools do it; don't like it when Louisville does it. You go to the trouble of offering a kid and asking him to commit and then bail on him right before he's set to sign. Gross.

He quoted UofL's DC, Todd Grantham, as telling him they lost more DB's to early draft entry than they were expecting at the beginning of the year (raise your hand if you saw a record-breaking season from Gerod Holliman coming in August) and so were going to load up at that position instead of bringing in a running back. From a practical standpoint I get it... just think it's gross.

His answer makes perfect sense. Louisville is "hurting" for more at DB than they are at RB.

I don't like it when other schools do it; don't like it when Louisville does it. You go to the trouble of offering a kid and asking him to commit and then bail on him right before he's set to sign. Gross.

He quoted UofL's DC, Todd Grantham, as telling him they lost more DB's to early draft entry than they were expecting at the beginning of the year (raise your hand if you saw a record-breaking season from Gerod Holliman coming in August) and so were going to load up at that position instead of bringing in a running back. From a practical standpoint I get it... just think it's gross.

If schools can drop commits when their needs change, they why can't recruits drop schools when their needs change?

Clearly, this is an elite recruit who does have other options. Still, he will likely sign with a school he has not seen and a coaching staff he has not met.

If this were a less celebrated recruit, who could not generate other options quickly, it would be even sadder.