UL Pulls Offer from South Carolina Mr. Football

HoopsLady

The only thing shady is doing it 2 days before signing day. You should at least give the kid a week or two to set up some visits and have a respectable chance to get things sorted out. Doing it two days prior is a bad look...

God, I love you avatar's. I was going to agree with your post, but then the new Ms. Gametime has got me distracted....

The only thing shady is doing it 2 days before signing day. You should at least give the kid a week or two to set up some visits and have a respectable chance to get things sorted out. Doing it two days prior is a bad look...

I can agree with that.

If schools can drop commits when their needs change, they why can't recruits drop schools when their needs change?

Clearly, this is an elite recruit who does have other options. Still, he will likely sign with a school he has not seen and a coaching staff he has not met.

If this were a less celebrated recruit, who could not generate other options quickly, it would be even sadder.

They can and do. My daughter actually did this in October, 3 weeks before signing day, and it turned out real well for her.

I hate this situation, but I have praised Petrino in the past during his first round at Louisville and during his time at WKU for recruiting Kentucky players. I would say he was behind the 8 ball this year with recruiting and will make a big change by next season.

While this was not a football situation but, Louisville did the same thing to my daughter. They recruited her to run track. She signed, we moved her into her dorm on Friday. We didn't find out they pulled her scholarship until that Monday when she went to get her books. They never told us ahead of time that they were going to pull the scholarship. I was a really big UL fan until this happened. I didn't like the idea that they didn't tell us ahead of time.

She eventually got her degree from WKY and is now working on her masters.

While this was not a football situation but, Louisville did the same thing to my daughter. They recruited her to run track. She signed, we moved her into her dorm on Friday. We didn't find out they pulled her scholarship until that Monday when she went to get her books. They never told us ahead of time that they were going to pull the scholarship. I was a really big UL fan until this happened. I didn't like the idea that they didn't tell us ahead of time.

She eventually got her degree from WKY and is now working on her masters.

Totally classless move on UL's part.