Clint Shockey

paNDA

Sad news today, BGP's lost a good one. Clint lost his battle with cancer but never lost his spirit during the fight. This season won't seem the same without his strong opinions and frequent posts. He will be greatly missed by those of us who knew him.

Simply put, he loved his Ryle Lady Raiders team!

Clint, I will miss the banter on the board, the warm friendship in the gym and that giant grin whenever your beloved Raiders were on the court. Rest peacefully buddy.

207539_1972591841415_1441611134_2259184_8198294_n[1].jpg

Edited by paNDA

I had just found out Friday that he was ill. I had been wondering why he was not posting. Clint and I were obviously on different sides of many "discussions" on here, but once we met face-to-face last season we were both OK with one another and there was a genuine warmth whenever we saw each other.

I am so sorry to hear this and pray for his family members who are grieving their loss. May the Good Lord comfort them during this time. Rest in peace big guy. You will be missed.

He hung on long enough to be sitting at the table to see Jenna sign her LOI. He struggled, but stood up to acknowledge Jenna during the ceremony...extremely heart wrenching.

Our prayers are with the family.

Awesome to hear that!!!

Thoughts and prayers from here...

I have knew Clint for the last 8 years or so. He is the step-father of a former classmate of mine. It was always great to talk sports with him, banter back and forth about UK basketball, high school football, and of course his beloved Lady Raiders.

He had an infectious smile that always lit up the room. He was even smiling ear to ear greeting family and friends at a benefit held in his honor a few weeks back. I know that his friends and family will miss him dearly. I also know that the Lady Raiders will have a guardian angel with them this season.

We will all miss you Clint!

We are very sorry to hear the news. I found out last night. God Bless everyone whose life he touched. Although did not know him personally, his spirit will continue here on the boards as well as at Ryle...Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.