Dane Damrom resigns as head coach at KCU

RamCat

I just dont understand why he would even start the program up if he was just going to leave after two seasons. Also there was no meeting with any of the players to tell them his choice. An email was sent out to the team notifying them that he would not be returning in January. IMO thats not the proper way to leave a program, he could have atleast had the class to tell the players to their faces. I understand coaching at EKU is a better position and thats fine but atleast leave KCU with some class.

The only other school interested in football is Lindsey Wilson. I read on another thread that maybe St. Catherine a JUCO in Springfield is possibly starting a football program, but not sure.

He will either become a head coach at a high school or AD - both, or an assistant at a college somewhere. IMO

Who will replace him ?? Zach Moore the defensive coordinator?

I played for Dane and he's a great guy. I'm a little puzzled that he wouldn't hold a meeting of some kind with his players about him leaving. The email situation doesn't sound like him at all.

If I had to guess, I think he'll end up as an assistant at another college.

Anything new on this? Any candidates out there?

I would hate to see him leave Racealand, but Randy Vanderhoof would be an excellent replacement for Coach Damron.

I'm not saying he is interested, just saying he would be a great choice to keep the KCU program moving forward.