What state parks are near you

bargedawg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Laurel several time last year and loved it everytime I went not a state park. Several campgrounds that are worth while. If you want to rough it go to one of the boat campground. I want to go on two trips this spring Land Between Lakes and Mammoth Cave. Any good campgrounds???? One state park that I really like is Nolin Lake great campground on the lake with numerous lake sites.

Originally posted by LRCW

I'm within 45 minutes of Greenbo State Park and Carter Caves and an hour and a half or so of Jenny Wiley State Park. I've also visited Mammoth Caves and Natural Bridge.

lrcw I have been to all of these places but have not camped at any but I am looking into the matter as these are all some of my favorite local places :)

Originally posted by EAGLES91

I have been to Laurel several time last year and loved it everytime I went not a state park. Several campgrounds that are worth while. If you want to rough it go to one of the boat campground. I want to go on two trips this spring Land Between Lakes and Mammoth Cave. Any good campgrounds???? One state park that I really like is Nolin Lake great campground on the lake with numerous lake sites.

Eagles91 I plan on taking a trip to Kentuucky Lake this year to Kentucky Dam Village ! Also I have heard some of nolin lake it sounds great.:thumb:

I've heard the trout fishing downstream from the Cumberland falls is great.

Most of the river is limited access from what I understand and you have to boat in.

I really want to do some fly fishing there this year.

Originally posted by bargedawg

what else is in the erea 3ws I love scenery Do yhey have a campground or fishing access?:)

They have a really large campground that has been renovated this past year and everything is brand new. In a 1/2 mile viscinity they have the 'Old Mill' and duck pond which is being newly restored as well. They also have a 9 hole minature golf course along with a elaborate 18 hole putt putt course and a fairly large go cart track. Teh old indian cemetarys and Rebecca Boones baby was born in a hollowed out tree trunk that still exists. As far as fishing Camp Feltner is located right acorss the intersection that has a large pond anda bird sanctuary, other than that you would have to go 25 miles to Laurel Lake.

Not too mention Cumberland Falls is only a 30 minute drive away with great scenery on the way there...

Originally posted by 3wishes

They have a really large campground that has been renovated this past year and everything is brand new. In a 1/2 mile viscinity they have the 'Old Mill' and duck pond which is being newly restored as well. They also have a 9 hole minature golf course along with a elaborate 18 hole putt putt course and a fairly large go cart track. Teh old indian cemetarys and Rebecca Boones baby was born in a hollowed out tree trunk that still exists. As far as fishing Camp Feltner is located right acorss the intersection that has a large pond anda bird sanctuary, other than that you would have to go 25 miles to Laurel Lake.

Not too mention Cumberland Falls is only a 30 minute drive away with great scenery on the way there...

I have been to the falls but only for a drive by stop.

I also have camped at the KOA at Corbin I believe anyway it was on Laural Lake .We had a wonderfull time and Visited with Family.

we also fished for catfish at the old City water dam .But it looks like we may have missed out on a lot . perhaps I may make another trip to this erea soon .I have a cousin that lives nearby that I would like to see:)

Originally posted by MDN

I've heard the trout fishing downstream from the Cumberland falls is great.

Most of the river is limited access from what I understand and you have to boat in.

I really want to do some fly fishing there this year.

MDN I have also heard this is a great Trout stream but unfortunatly when I was there I had no boat. we fished a little at the boat ramp below Wolf Creek dam but the water there was very swift. :cool: