Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. ^So you're saying Louisville is more of a "football town", and Lexington is more of a "basketball town", I can buy that. I think Lexington's lack of big-time talent in football has hurt. Other than Eric Shelton (who didn't even win Mr. Football), I can't think of any other true studs from the city in recent years....
  2. The amazing thing to me about Trinity, is the sustainability.....state title game every year since 2000, but 04, right? That seems to be the problem with the Lexington (and surrounding area) schools if you ask me. Dunbar was Lexington's best in the mid 90's, Tates Creek dominated Lexington football from 98 to 01, Dunbar made it to the semis in 02 and 03, and Henry Clay the past two years. Other teams in the greater Lexington area (Scott County, Madison Central, and GRC) will make a splash every couple of years, but continuity can never carry for longer than a year or two. I would like to see some parody in the new 6A, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. All the new class system did was to cut out the bottom feeders of 4A.....
  3. ^I knew Henderson County had a very large student body, but I didn't realize that kind of potential.....
  4. ^I agree with the above statements. Berea's football, soccer, and girl's basketball teams were competitve in the late 90s but have since continued to decline and stay in the pits....
  5. ^I'm not aware of any major changes to the staff.....
  6. PLD2, you always seem to down Paul Rains from his time at Madison Central to now at LCA, I'm just curious as to why?
  7. 1) Trinity 2a/2b) St. X, Male Everyone else is simply pretenders, just like the old 4A.....
  8. Mercer won't be able to run toss sweep every play in 5A and expect to have the same kind of success they did in a very weak 2A this past season.....
  9. With the finals being a week later this year, I doubt the recent conflict with the UofL/UConn game will be a factor. A Friday/Saturday schedule is the most likely.....
  10. Tates Creek was in four straight state semi's from 98 through 01, they have had success in the playoffs using their system. That was under Joe Ruddell, but Mark Willoughby was one of his top assistants. The problem seems to be lack of talent at TC the past few seasons.........
  11. I think I just saw Oldham County's head coach on the sideline for one of the teams. Anyone else?
  12. ^There is a link to Franklin. I know he was on the Horseman's bench some last season.....
  13. Jimmy Warren (#32 in basketball) played football for Scott County if I remember correctly. I think he brought a football mentality to the basketball court. Did Mackey play football this past season? I know he played his sophmore year along with Rodney Haddix.
  14. University Heights, Paintsville, and a 2A Lexington Catholic all had runs in the 90's in the Sweet Sixteen. Clay County was in 3 of 4 state title games in the late 80's as a 2 or 3A school. Paintsville had J.R. Vanhoose and Todd Tackett, Catholic had Shawn Fields and David Graves, Clay Co. had a guy named Richie Farmer. Non 4A schools have historically had success in the Sweet Sixteen. ANY team can make a run in the Sweet Sixteen if they have a star or two, a few solid role players, and a little luck no matter the class.
  15. Lexington Catholic, Mason County, and Jeffersontown have all won state titles since 2002 and none is 4A.
  16. John Pelphrey was at the night session tonight during the GRC/Ballard game.
  17. If Scott County plays like they did today then they get beat. Mackey, Walls, and Warren were all in foul trouble most of the game against Adair County.
  18. I was really expecting more out of South Laurel. Proffit forced so many shots that it cost SL the game IMO. He had zero points and at least 10-12 (bad) shots going into the 4th quarter. I still don't understand why SL settled for so many 3's and other bad shots......they start 6'4", 6'5", 6'6", 6'8" but have zero inside game. As for Hill from Holmes, this kid will be a steal for somebody as long as he has the grades.
  19. Ballard looked out of control at times today. If Clark County can control the tempo and Jones can stay out of foul trouble then they can pull it off.
  20. Great move by Christian County's coaches to put Tandy on Knowles. His quickness gave Knowles a little trouble until he got into foul trouble. Can't wait for the GRC/Ballard game tomorrow night.....
  21. This game was pretty painful to watch. Are these regions down this year? As for the officiating, they called a fair game. There was a lot of rough/sloppy play and they called it. However, if this crew would have called the Ballard game today then a minimum of 10 guys would have fouled out. It was way more physical then this game yet they let them play. It was a shame to see #21 for Elliot get hurt. He was the second best player on the floor behind #4 for Elliot.
  22. Holmes will give South Laurel problems. South Laurel is very big, but doesn't use thier size well IMO (at least today against Fairdale). South Laurel's size advantage will be negated by the athletic ability of Holmes. This should be a very good game on Friday afternoon.
  23. I know Dunbar has a tough schedule next year that includes Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Madison Central, Trinity, and Boyle County(?). What are the other three games??
  24. Golfer, Is the fullback dive, out of a million formations still in the playbook for this upcoming season??? I look for Dunbar to be in the hunt for the district title in 07. Lafayette seems to be losing a lot, Henry Clay loses a lot of it's firepower, Tates Creek is an unknown to me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.