Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot County 68 Shelby Valley 55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Valley on a good season...they will be back in Rupp next year.

 

Good luck to Elliott County in Round 2...

Ferguson had 28 points including 16 of 18 shooting from the free throw line.

Elliot hit 32 of 44 from the line as a team. One made free throw shy of tying the state record held by South Laurel.

Congrats to Ellion on advancing to the second round in their first ever trip to Rupp.

Well I think the final foul count was 31 fouls for Shelby Valley 16 for Elliott. Extermely onesided and when it happens like this something can't be right. Good luck to Elliott and congrats for moving on but I find that this game wasn't called completly fair

Ferguson broke a 52 year-old state tournament record for converting the "Most Freethrows in One Game" last set in 1955 by Ralph Cheer (sp?) of Adair County with 15.

 

Good job boys! Way to represent the 16th region. Keep the fairy tale alive. :thumb:

 

Very inconsistant called game

I saw Valley play at the CFIT. They played very hard and I was impressed with their determination and execution. Their fans, however, were some of the rudest and crudest I have encountered. I would love to see those Valley boys in the finals of the CFIT against Corbin next year. I just wish they could leave those fans at home.

Player of the game- The 3 officials calling the game

Player of the game- The 3 officials calling the game

 

Were you at the game ?

Were you at the game ?

 

No, that was according to the radio announcers and lopsided fouls.

Player of the game- The 3 officials calling the game

Yep...thats a common award these days!

Ferguson broke a 52 year-old state tournament record for converting the "Most Freethrows in One Game" last set in 1955 by Ralph Cheer (sp?) of Adair County with 15.

 

Good job boys! Way to represent the 16th region. Keep the fairy tale alive. :thumb:

I thought Bo Roaden from Corbin made 20 free throws in a state tournement game in 1991. If I remember correctly, it was against Knott Co Central in the opening round.

Were you at the game ?

I wasn't either, but TrueBlueSV and I both went to Shelby Valley back in the day and so we both know people that were there and they all said it was very lopsided. I wouldn't post unless I heard from someone that was there firsthand.

No, that was according to the radio announcers and lopsided fouls.

 

So because Elliot shot a lot of foul shot means the refs called it unfairly ? Maybe SV fouled more than Elliot did. I just cant see any of the officals at the state tournament having anything against or for either of these teams. Neither are traditional power houses both are public schools. Why would a ref have a reason to call a game unfairly against either of these schools. I wasnt at the game so I cant say that it was called fairly. I do however think that the best refs in the state would call the game the way they saw it.

 

Refs dont win or lose games, teams do.

 

Maybe we should begin each game with 10 free throws for each team. Every foul after that will result in the team that was fouled taking the ball out from half court. No shooting fouls for either side and no one fouls out. I guess that would be fair to both sides.

 

Refs dont win or lose games, teams do.

 

.

 

 

I wasn't at this game so I don't know if the game was fair or not. But yes, officials have been known to steal high school games. If you don't believe this you should have been at the 8th region tournament in 2005 or the 13th region tournament in 1994.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.