Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. ^It wasn't during the game....all the drama took place during halftime or when you are supposed to be preparing for the 2nd half. Who knows who gave the player the cell phone?...a fan, a parent, a coach...somebody did.
  2. Wow, will Southern win a game this year?
  3. ^Well since they have all these athletes and all this talent and aren't winning, I think it is a valid point as to some of their struggles. A little more focus and you could be 5-0.
  4. Maybe you should pay a little more attention then....a big scene was made, I watched. :thumb: I'm not trying to disrespect Clark County, but it seems like GRC fans want to talk about players not being focused or the team isn't disciplined.......things like that get you beat in close games. Obviously the talent is there, so something has to give.
  5. Good game in Richmond tonight....very few flags and some big plays by both teams. I wouldn't be surprised if these two don't meet up again in the playoffs. As for the Indians, they gave up a lot of yardage again tonight but overall played well. Lots of offense for MC by multiple guys (Rhodes, Hope, Mays, Rainwater)....the bye next week will help to heal up some of the injuries. For GRC, #5 (Tatum Lewis?) is big, and had a really good game. The Cards had some success with screens and with passes to the flats. I don't want to get into too much detail, but I can see why a lot of GRC fans grumble on here about the focus of this team. They may not have been equally talented as the Indians overall, but they are darn close. I watched the most unfocused group of players and coaches at halftime that I have ever seen. Card player almost gets into a fight with one of his own fans, a female fan crying right in the middle of the team, players talking on cell phones, assistant coaches worrying about that crap instead of trying to plot to win the game.......it's no wonder they haven't won a game yet. Scott County rolls into Richmond in two weeks in what should be a huge district game.....it is a big rivalry when these two play each other in anything.
  6. Interesting district game.....I want to see a score from this one to try and help me figure out this district.....Shelby is an unknown to the other three (Scott County, GRC, Madison Central)
  7. I can understand Harmon scheduling some cupcakes when trying to build the program (because it was really bad), but he has been there for what, at least 5 years? He was won the district or got the #1 seed a few times, but does he have a playoff win yet? All I am saying is that Lafayette can win all the games they want to in the regular season, but they don't win playoff games and don't get much respect because of it.
  8. For Madison Central, the obvious choice is Ryan Jones. He was blessed with a great group of recievers, but was 3rd all-time (KY High School) in passing yards when he hung it up after the 99 season.
  9. 6A Lafayette.......Sell.........So what if they go 9-1 or 10-0 against a soft schedule, and they beat Henry Clay during the regular season? They have been bounced the last three seasons in the 1st round by Madison Central (04), South Laurel (05), and Woodford County (06) and all were not close games....until they can win a playoff game, I don't see how anyone could buy Harmon's team to do anything in the playoffs.
  10. I think Lafayette is a little overrated with the schedule they have played....however, Sam Simpson has had trouble beating the Generals recently. I say Henry Clay wins it 38-21.
  11. Keyshawn is back...played against Tates Creek but isn't in typical game shape yet......honestly, he looks bigger and could have a monster game on Friday.
  12. Paul Rains was MC's coach in 01 and that team was very very young and lost their QB in the 1st game of the season to a season ending injury. Cards won that game 31-20. Personally, I think MC has a huge mental advantage over Clark County....it seems like every year we hear about how this is the best GRC team in years or they are so athletic.....and they still go down to the Indians.
  13. If GRC wants a to beat the Indians for the 1st time since 2001, they need to run the ball all night. MC's defense is very athletic, very fast, but a bit undersized.....if Columbia tries to get fancy, he is going to be leaving Richmond 0-5.
  14. ^14 picks in 4 games is impressive...but if you are a coach, and are stupid enough to throw that much when you are picking up 5+ a carry, then that is bad coaching. 403 yards rushing by one guy doesn't suit well for an "improved" defense either (I don't care who the RB is).....I think the real measuring stick for Central's defense will be in 3 weeks when Scott County comes to Richmond.
  15. (from http://www.kentucky.com) 45 carries for 403 yards and 2 TDs. Here is how it compares to some of the other performances in KY High School Football: YARDS RUSHING - GAME (MIN. 400) Player (School) Opponent, Year 574 Monquantae Gibson (Moore) vs. Shawnee, 2001 486 Jeremy Britt (Warren East) vs. Owensboro, 1997 472 Thomas Walker (Fulton County) vs. Dresden, TN, 1973 448 Seth Graves (Monroe County) vs. Edmonson County, 9-22-06 444 Craig Lanham (Owensboro Catholic) vs. Glasgow, 2003 437 Jeremy Britt (Danville) vs. Shelby County, 1998 434 Derrick Brandon Ballinger (Owen County) vs. Frankfort, 1998 419 Mark Dunn (Harrodsburg) vs. Paris, 2001 417 Joe Casey (Paducah Tilghman) vs. Franklin-Simpson, 2002 414 Michael West (Lawrence County) vs. Belfry, 2000 412 John Frazier (Muhlenberg North) vs. Allen County-Scottsville, 1998 410 Andy Clark (Seneca) vs. Shelby County, 2003 409 Michael Hanley (Apollo) vs. Graves County, 1998 406 Henry Parks (Harrodsburg) vs. Berea, 1976 403 Ketrin Mays (South Floyd) vs. Elkhorn City, 1997
  16. ^MC's kicker, Nick Smith, had a 46 yard field goal and another one (I think 30 yards) and was booming the ball into the endzone for a touchback every kickoff. Not to bad for a kid that's not even 5'8" 150.....
  17. Madison Central was lucky to survive this game. If not for the turnovers, TC wins this game. Willoughby and crew are better than I thought they were this year and MC's defense is no better than last season. Tates Creek had around 450 yards of offense and Sparks had over 400 of that on the ground. He was gasssed at the end of the game when Creek was trying to tie. The Indians were getting gashed by Sparks on almost every play until they made some defensive adjustments and actually put some of the size on the sidelines in on their DL. I don't know if it is just me or not, but it every high school game I have been to this year has had a penalty flag thrown on every other play. It was ridiculous in this game, for both teams.
  18. Madison Central's radio crew said Tates Creek RB Ty Sparks had 45 carries for 423 yards unofficially....
  19. Who has seen Creek play this year? Have they changed up their offense and started throwing more? This would be a mistake in this game IMO....
  20. First off, I am NOT a Dunbar fan, but I have seen them play multiple times over the past 10 years and the talent has obviously been down over the past two seasons. The QB situation has made them one dimensional and teams just load up on the run. They have good skill players, but not great, and they can't break any long plays when teams stack 9 or 10 in the box. Blame the coaches, or blame the players, but they are doing what gives them the best chance to compete...
  21. Ram, not to over-analyze but I think that list may be a little out-dated. Cov Cath and Highlands are both in 5A and I think Franklin County may be as well. I suspect this list doesn't consider teams moving up in class. The East squad looks to have the majority of talent in the state on a yearly basis although I am unknown to a lot of WKY teams. I would be more than shocked if EKU was a serious site for consideration. It sounds great from a geographical approach, but playing a game on their field in June would be a stretch IMO....
  22. ^So does that mean cleaning house with the players too? The Dunbar teams from last season and this year obviously don't have the talent at the skill positions or the size that the school is used to....
  23. Madison Central just beat Danville by 3 TDs. Danville beat Boyle by a TD on Friday. Henry Clay had to score in the last seconds of the game to beat Boyle last week. GRC just finished the easiest stretch of their schedule 0-3 and you are calling one of the above teams overrated?:thumb::lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.