Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. Try Here I'll be around to give some updates as well if it isn't on for some reason...
  2. HC, is this the order of the games as well or is that yet to be determined? I always love when the 11th is in the early sessions...
  3. Did Euton have a horrible game? That's what I heard from friends at the game...
  4. Madison Central beat Scott County in the 2006 11th region championship game, in what was considered a huge upset. That has nothing to do with this game and the only player for the Indians left that was a contributor then is Aaron Morris.
  5. I'm guessing his 40 time is sub 4.35?
  6. Interesting....looks like this isn't much of a surprise....as seen here or here. :sssh: This move makes all the sense in the world. I'd say two of the main factors were a background with Tates Creek and Joe Ruddell, and Lafayette's subpar facilities. Are they ever going to get the new stadium (which all other Lex publics have already gotten) ?
  7. I saw him play last year and he has the physical tools to be a stud.....Mark Dixon needs to give him more touches.
  8. In the short term it would have pumped some life back into the program with possibly more kids coming out, tons of media coverage, and maybe some renewed confidence. Although Morris did turn this job down, principal Elmer Thomas is a super guy and will make the right hire for the program anyhow...
  9. It's ironic that someone brought up Madison County since LCA had two seniors on their 2006 squad from Richmond, and Lexington Catholic had another (who was an absolute stud at that).
  10. ^The Lexington 6As do not have the numbers of T or X...I saw Tates Creek, Dunbar, and Henry Clay last year and without dressing freshman, I'd say each team had 50 players max, maybe less.....and while the idea of platooning is nice, the drop off between 1s and 2s, and especially 3s is not going to allow them to have much of a chance. Stongopenyon or the Golfer will back me on that one.
  11. Mark Willoughby was an assistant under Ruddell for several years at Tates Creek....and when he took over, there was no need for a complete overhaul. Tates Creek was the dominant public school in Lexington from 98-01 going to the state semis every year. Tates Creek did run into a buzz saw when they played Male in the 98 finals, an Eric Shelton led Bryan Station team in 99 semis, and Trinity in 00 an 01 in the semis....but TC was as physical and smash mouth as anyone in the state during those years and that style worked to an extent. The past few seasons TC has obviously lacked in talent and was undermatched in most games. Henry Clay has taken over the dominance in the city since TC's run, but TC could easily return to being the top city team with the right coach....
  12. ^Simpson broke his foot in the summer, missed several football games....but did return to play in a few late season games.....I hear he is out until after spring practice, which means the entire basketball season. As for Morris, I have no clue.
  13. Madison Central is already without Keyshawn Simpson, one of the top rated juniors in the state. Take away he and Morris and the Indians are very average at best.
  14. ^I'm sure Madison Central will remain. Highlands came to Richmond in 05 and 07. MC went to Fort Thomas in 06.
  15. What about Mike Harmon? He played and coached at Tates Creek before going to Lafayette. TC has nicer facilities and a similar talent pool to Lafayette.....I would think the pay would be the same, but he does have ties to the program.
  16. Per WKYT and kentucky.com: http://www.kentucky.com/292/story/248905.html
  17. I just hope it isn't as windy as last year's Friday games....
  18. Beechwood should handle LCA in a similar fashion as they did Frankfort tonight....
  19. What grade is #5 for Hazard (Campbell?)? He was the best player on the field tonight....
  20. Son of Bear replied to a post in a topic in KY Football (High School)
    I know both coaches quite well........that said, I think Mark Dixon's former boss gets him at home this time....
  21. What if all the schools in Louisville formed an "all-star" team to play T/X? Would those results be any different than Lexington?
  22. Lincoln's QB is very good.....as are #31 and #24 Young for them on both sides of the ball. They don't have huge lineman, or probably any D1 skill players, but they are solid at all positions. Don't expect to see the athletes of Trotwood-Madison, Lincoln simply doesn't have them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.