Everything posted by Son of Bear
-
Will the ruling on Euton scare Zollo off at GRC?
^So if Euton or Zollo transferred to a bottom feeder in the 10th or 11th region then the KHSAA would be fine with it and let them play? It seems Scott Co. or GRC are being penalized because of their recent success if that is your stance...
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
:thumb: I agree. I wonder if Euton had enrolled at say GRC, Madison Central, Franklin County, Lafayette, or Dunbar if he would be eligble? Given Scott Counties past history with transfers and the outspoken comments, what else could be the reason?
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
From what Ram posted in the other thread, it seems Bylaw 6, Section 1a would fit this situation, I'm guessing this isn't a bona fide residence change for Euton, but is for Jackson? Makes no sense to me...
-
Euton Ineligible, Jackson also Ineligible per KHSAA
:eek: You would have thought the roles would have been reversed...
-
1st Annual Kentucky East-West All Star Football Contest
East No Dustin May Aaron Boyd Nathan Dutton 47
-
Scott Co 2008/2009
^Phares, Euton, Jackson, Guyn, and Manning?
-
New Coach at Dunbar is ...
So I guess they didn't hire the booster president as the head coach...:sssh:
-
Robert Cooksey named coach at Madison Central
A funny read on this hire :rolleyes::rolleyes: “We are going to do a few things different, but we are going to keep doing a lot of the things that got us to where we are now,” Cooksey said. “We are going to play good defense. We are going to rebound the basketball and we are probably going to push the ball up and down the floor a little bit more. But, other than that you are going to see pretty much what you’ve seen the past few years.”
-
Madison Central Job...
I also want to add that I know absolutely nothing about the new coach, other than that he was an assistant, I'm not trying to discredit him......but if they let Coach G go based on performance, why in the hell would they promote an "underachieving" assistant? I could fathom it if they were bringing in Greg Todd, but this hire? It SCREAMS conflict of interest...
-
Madison Central Job...
I've known Mrs. Lakes and her husband very well for many years and always had a good relationship with both, but this whole situation is very shady...
-
Madison Central Job...
I have confirmed what nWo posted earlier, the position is filled. What a joke...
-
Madison Central Job...
Wow they are really making an upgrade
-
Madison Central Job...
After what the administration did to Coach G, I don't know why anyone would want it....tick off a few parents and you get a pink slip...
-
Madison Central job?????
Feldhaus was more or less blowing smoke about leaving. He did it to take up for a fellow coach, a coach that he wanted his daughter to play for in the near future. I could only see him leaving for one job, and that doesn't appear likely anytime soon....and yes Madison Central's football, boys baskeball, and girls basketball coaches are all some of the highest paid in the state....
-
2008 Kentucky Allstar Roster
KY All-Stars
-
David Hensley resigned from Dunbar
There are a few current assistants that I'm sure will get a hard look, if they desire to throw their name in for the head coaching job with one being a clear frontrunner IMO. There is another assistant that I will not comment on though. :jump:
-
David Hensley resigned from Dunbar
David Hensley stepping down Dunbar should be on of the top two teams in Lexington 6A next year, along with Henry Clay.
-
Madison Central job?????
I think there is a Title IX issue that is holding it up as well, although I can't confirm that 100%.
-
Madison Central job?????
Richmond Register Article Guy Gandolfo had a winning record in his 3 years as the Lady Indians head coach in the toughest region in the state. He was region runner-up COY and his teams are young, and only going to improve...it is remarkable with what he did with so little talent. He is a super guy off the court as well....I'm sure nWo or The Golfer would second this. He has had to deal with more crap from parents than any coach should have to during his time as HC.....the principal, superintendent, and AD are to blame for the firing....it is a flat out shame that they would not back one of their own peers when dealing with ignorant parents. The Indian sports program as a whole is turning into a joke thanks to Gina Lakes and Gary Fritz. :sssh:
-
Best High School Baseball Team in Kentucky History
Madison Central's 1982 team finished the season undefeated as state champs and I think so type of mythical national champs. The team was better than 40-0 although I do not the exact record....
-
Basketball in this state = Better than ever
Depending on the strength of teams in your part of the state, this whole argument is subjective. Personally, I enjoy the football season more as a whole, but the Sweet Sixteen is far and away the best KHSAA event of the year...
-
Who will win 4A in 2008?
Sphire is a head coach now in the Atlanta metro area. Bill Letton is Catholic's head coach and I think they dominate a relatively weak 4A the next few years.
-
Mr. Basketball
^Hopson was maybe the 4th most impressive player in the Sweet 16 behind seniors Miller, Henderson, and Slone. Raw potential doesn't equal best high school senior...
-
Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?
:thumb: I think the nasty loss to Ballard that year can be atributed to the war they had with Paducah Tilghman in the semi's on Saturday morning...
-
Should Setty have been ejected in the Semis?
FWIW, Setty wasn't much of a factor against Holmes...