New Coach at Dunbar is ...

EKU23

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Howell may do a fine job but this whole thing seems odd to me. From the article:

"Howell didn’t apply for the Dunbar job. He was contacted last week by the school, talked to athletic director Mike Barren during the 11th Region baseball tournament, then interviewed with principal Anthony Orr last Thursday. Howell got the job on Tuesday."

Guest Bluto
Coach Howell may do a fine job but this whole thing seems odd to me. From the article:

"Howell didn’t apply for the Dunbar job. He was contacted last week by the school, talked to athletic director Mike Barren during the 11th Region baseball tournament, then interviewed with principal Anthony Orr last Thursday. Howell got the job on Tuesday."

You guys may know the "intrigue" better than me, but I wish him nothing but success.

I wish him nothing but the best too but Dunbar should be one of the most sought after jobs in KY yet they went out and got a coach (who may be a great coach) that didn't even apply.

I agree with the Guru! Possible one of the better jobs in Ky, for sure Central Ky. Just does not make a lot of sense?????

Regardless good luck, they always have awesome talent at PLD.

Good luck to the new coach and no doubt he will prove his worth, but I know a coach personally who has had far more success with a program that is far more successful than Tates Creek that DID apply and didn't even get a call...no wonder Lexington is little brother to Louisville.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Cynical

How successful was this coach, and why do you think he did not get the job? I agree with most, this sounds somewhat crazy. Fayette Co. keeps us scratching our heads once more. I wish nothing but the best for this coach and his staff. Where will he get his staff from? Will he inherit the current Dunbar coaches? This is going to be an interesting story to watch unfold this season.

Great hire for Dunbar!

Coach Howell is an overachiever who will bring a certain intensity to any team.

I personally have been impressed with his ability to overcome and succeed as a player and coach.

Offensive minded coach who gets a lot out of his players on the field and students in the classroom.

Coaching is about leading, teaching, and motivating...Howell has all the tools.