Robert Cooksey named coach at Madison Central

Nathan Hutchinson

Register Sports Editor

RICHMOND — The Richmond Register has confirmed that Robert Cooksey has accepted the position of girls’ head basketball coach at Madison Central. The school is scheduled to make an official announcement on Tuesday.

Read More

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked with Coach Cooksey Friday. He was really excited and surprised. When I asked him about his interview, he seemed pretty unsure and didn't have a great feel for it. I'm always happy to see an assistant get his chance, especially at such a high level. He's a great guy. He lets some of the comments on here roll off his back, a good sign of a sound and confident coach. Congrats to Coach Cooksey!

Talked with Coach Cooksey Friday. He was really excited and surprised. When I asked him about his interview, he seemed pretty unsure and didn't have a great feel for it. I'm always happy to see an assistant get his chance, especially at such a high level. He's a great guy. He lets some of the comments on here roll off his back, a good sign of a sound and confident coach. Congrats to Coach Cooksey!

That's good to hear. Tell him good luck for me. :thumb:

Well I know for a fact because I work with the parties involved, that Cooksey and G have barely spoken a word to each other since this happened, this is an inside job, and to get a job based on family member doing the hiring is wrong. Cooksey will win because those girls are awesome, but it won't be because of honesty and hard work.

Well I know for a fact because I work with the parties involved, that Cooksey and G have barely spoken a word to each other since this happened, this is an inside job, and to get a job based on family member doing the hiring is wrong. Cooksey will win because those girls are awesome, but it won't be because of honesty and hard work.
From the information that I have I know that these conspiracy theories are not true. Just because two people haven't talked to each other doesn't mean that there was something sinister about filling this job.

From the information that I have I know that these conspiracy theories are not true. Just because two people haven't talked to each other doesn't mean that there was something sinister about filling this job.

I think there is when they haven't talked to each other, when they work all of 100 feet of each other, and one is the Brother-in-law of the person who did the hiring, when a few of the coaches who applied are way more qualified. So whatever info you do have may be a little off. Sinister is a little harsh, but a little crooked...yes

I think there is when they haven't talked to each other, when they work all of 100 feet of each other, and one is the Brother-in-law of the person who did the hiring, when a few of the coaches who applied are way more qualified. So whatever info you do have may be a little off. Sinister is a little harsh, but a little crooked...yes

I can assure you that my information is factual and is not a little off.

Slapfest, I understand your point. But man, we've got to just let this go. What's done is done. Cooksey is a good guy, and that's the last I'm posting on this to defend him. We're taking up too much space on here debating the situation. Was it right that G was let go? Of course not, I've already stated my opinion on the matter. Can we honestly say it was crooked and hold that over Cooksey? That's a pretty unfair also. Just let it be. Support the program, and move on.

I can assure you that my information is factual and is not a little off.

Well this is the last I'll post on this matter, but just to let you know I work here in the county and have coached for many years and hold firm with what I said. Also, its so bad that several coaches have already declined to work on staff with Cooksey...is it fair that...maybe, but the way it has been handled he has lost a lot of respect from his peers here in the county. I hope him the best and I'm sure he'll win because of who he has coming into the program, but the way Gina and and Cooksey went about things put him behind the eightball from the get go.

Slapfest, I understand your point. But man, we've got to just let this go. What's done is done. Cooksey is a good guy, and that's the last I'm posting on this to defend him. We're taking up too much space on here debating the situation. Was it right that G was let go? Of course not, I've already stated my opinion on the matter. Can we honestly say it was crooked and hold that over Cooksey? That's a pretty unfair also. Just let it be. Support the program, and move on.

I agree completely.