Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will win 4A in 2008?

Featured Replies

Might as well get this started for 4A as well.

 

Who do you think wins 4A?

 

Can Lex Cath repeat?

 

Will Bell Co be next?

 

Can Lone Oak do some of the same things as last year?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the East

Bell Co. or Lex Cath.

My Pick: Lex. Cath

 

Out of the West

Warren East, Calloway, Lone Oak, or Franklin Simpson

My Pick: Warren East (I'm a homer)

 

To win it all:

Hard to pick against Lex. Cath. at this point.

Lex Cath with all the advantages they have how can they not win it!! Sphire is a good coach but has a talent base that never ends.

Lex Cath with all the advantages they have how can they not win it!! Sphire is a good coach but has a talent base that never ends.

 

Sphire is a head coach now in the Atlanta metro area. Bill Letton is Catholic's head coach and I think they dominate a relatively weak 4A the next few years.

Sphire is a head coach now in the Atlanta metro area. Bill Letton is Catholic's head coach and I think they dominate a relatively weak 4A the next few years.

 

Yes sorry it was before my first cup of coffee. I know both of them and Bill for a long time. Sorry for the confusion. I think you are right when you look top to bottom. But I feel like the top 5-10 4A schools would be very competitive with anyone in the state in 5A and for the most part 6A. After those top teams it gets pretty weak.

Sphire is a head coach now in the Atlanta metro area. Bill Letton is Catholic's head coach and I think they dominate a relatively weak 4A the next few years.

 

Doesn't Catholic have to replace 34 seniors? No matter how good people think they may be, it will be hard to replace that much experience. Plus, Bell County has pretty much everyone back, so they should be the favorite in 4A. My question is, will anyone in the western part of the state be able to compete with whoever comes out of the east?

Who ever comes out of the East will win the championship. What ever Bell County has coming back will still be ranked 2nd to Lex. Cath to start the season as it should be. Also with chances to be good in the east are Rockcastle, Franklin County, Harrison County, and Boyle. All those teams will have to beat up one another to get a chance at Catholic or the finals.

North Bullitt will surprise a few folks. They lost a talented senior group but have Dalton Cissell returning at RB looking to add to his 5,000 career rushing yds. They also have a first team All-District QB back in Jordan Mayberry. They will be big up front with 6'5" 295 lb senior tackle Zack Perkins and 6'3" 275 lb Ivan Tiscendorf leading the way.

I would say that Warren East and Calloway County will be the best 4A teams in the west.

 

Lexington Catholic is the team to beat, probably every year in the current setup.

Calloway will be good, but, I can't see them doing much against a Lex Cath or Bell Co. Warren East would most likely match up better but I don't think they could compete with LC either, Bell Co, possibly...

I would say that Warren East and Calloway County will be the best 4A teams in the west.

 

Lexington Catholic is the team to beat, probably every year in the current setup.

 

 

I agree with that.

 

Boyle enters the year as a wild card I believe. With a new coach who has been proven successful everywhere he's been, how much will that change the feelings over the last 2 years? Is there enough Rebel talent returning to even be competitive vs. Lex Cath and Bell?

I believe that Boyle was very young the last few years, they should have a chance, they had a chance to beat catholic last year as well.

I believe most peopl will say that Bell Co. and LexCath will probably be the 2 top teams in preseason, but who knows what will happen. Rock and Boyle Co. are always dangerous.

Bell didn't lose much and LexCath lost a lot. But LexCath has unbelievable resources and will probably have close to 100 football players.

Top 5:

 

1) Lex Catholic

2) Bell Co.

3) Warren East

4) Calloway Co.

5) Boyle Co.

 

May be a big dropoff from 1-2 to the rest.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.