Scott Co 2008/2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott County will have to be a preseason number one pick. I don't think it will be a surprise to anyone that the first thought or suggestion would be to play together as a unit. I know that is what Coach Hicks will insist on and I think the players will buy into it. There will be some who may question why a player's stats may go down but there is only one basketball and a lot of scoring options on this team. The interesting question for me will be who will be the starting point guard this season. Nobody will outwork Coach Hicks so I think any potential questions or problems will be worked out in the gym.

Flannery is no slouch either. The real question is how do you defend against Scott Co? They have few weaknesses. The only thing that can stop them is injuries or transfers out of Scott Co.

After reading this and a lot of the things said above, we might as well cancel the season and mail them the trophy.

I, for one, don't think that are untouchable or unstopable, and they still have to play the games. Many teams have looked great from a distance, but when they tip it off in the brutal 11th region things tends to look a bit different.

They are the team to beat, but there are a lot of teams within their own region and around the state that will make things tough on them. Nobody in the 11th is going to roll over for them.

After reading this and a lot of the things said above, we might as well cancel the season and mail them the trophy.

I, for one, don't think that are untouchable or unstopable, and they still have to play the games. Many teams have looked great from a distance, but when they tip it off in the brutal 11th region things tends to look a bit different.

They are the team to beat, but there are a lot of teams within their own region and around the state that will make things tough on them. Nobody in the 11th is going to roll over for them.

Have to agree with this. Scott Co has the most "Talent" at this point but there are several teams in the state who could potentially knock them off and it doesn't help they play in the brutal 11th region.

Holmes just got a big impact transfer in Brandon Housley (6'3 G) as well as a 6'6 freshman to go along with Pittman/Johnson Brothers and GRC is most likely getting the Zollo kid to go along with an already good soph class.

Elliot Co also returns all 5 of their starters from a team who almost knocked off the state champs and had them on the ropes for most of the game.

While I think SC "SHOULD" win state, a lot thought the same about the Lexcath team from this past year and look what happened to them.

Have to agree with this. Scott Co has the most "Talent" at this point but there are several teams in the state who could potentially knock them off and it doesn't help they play in the brutal 11th region.

Holmes just got a big impact transfer in Brandon Housley (6'3 G) as well as a 6'6 freshman to go along with Pittman/Johnson Brothers and GRC is most likely getting the Zollo kid to go along with an already good soph class.

Elliot Co also returns all 5 of their starters from a team who almost knocked off the state champs and had them on the ropes for most of the game.

While I think SC "SHOULD" win state, a lot thought the same about the Lexcath team from this past year and look what happened to them.

Scott Co. should win the Sweet 16. They will have top 10 talent in the nation.