Scott Co 2008/2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a couple of these players are D1 ,why did they have so much trouble with little Elliott Co who as far as I know ,doesn't have any D1 players or has had any D1 offers?

Because two of those D1 players are new to the team this upcoming year..

If a couple of these players are D1 ,why did they have so much trouble with little Elliott Co who as far as I know ,doesn't have any D1 players or has had any D1 offers?

You're obviously not reading BGP, as it would appear (according to their faithful) EC's got numerous "high" D-1 recruits?? Also as I recall, two of the '08-09 SC "potential D-1 players" gave the EC boys all they wanted last season; eliminating the All "A" state "favorites" before they could even point the bus from Sandy Hook to Richmond??

Who are some incoming freshman for Scott County. I had heard that this kid that played middle school ball from Bondurant Middle School in Frankfort was coming to Scott County. Is that true and what is his name if anyone knows. Thanks. I had heard he was rated 3rd best 8th grader in the state. I have seen him play and he is a very good player.

Isiah Ivey is the freshman-to-be from Bondurant.

Who are some incoming freshman for Scott County. I had heard that this kid that played middle school ball from Bondurant Middle School in Frankfort was coming to Scott County. Is that true and what is his name if anyone knows. Thanks. I had heard he was rated 3rd best 8th grader in the state. I have seen him play and he is a very good player.
Good player but ratings as 8th graders don't mean much.

You're obviously not reading BGP, as it would appear (according to their faithful) EC's got numerous "high" D-1 recruits?? Also as I recall, two of the '08-09 SC "potential D-1 players" gave the EC boys all they wanted last season; eliminating the All "A" state "favorites" before they could even point the bus from Sandy Hook to Richmond??

Easy now. I can also remember a cool Monday evening in March at Johnson Arena in Morehead where the bus was pointing toward Lexington.

Good player but ratings as 8th graders don't mean much.

I couldn't agree more. I had a chance to watch him about 3 times while he played middle school ball. He was easily the best player on the court and I couldn't remember his name. I am glad I now know his name so I can keep up with his high school career. I had also heard that a good friend of his played at the other middle school in Frankfort and that they were going to go to the same high school together. I had heard they would either go to Louisville Trinity(family ties) or Scott Co(obvious reasons) and I was also wondering if that kid might have came to Scott Co. also. That kid was pretty good as well. I am glad I got Ivey's name. I hope he has a great high school career. I wish him well.

It takes more than just throwing together a lot of talent on the floor. Scott County definitely has the most potential of any one team in the state. Hicks is a very good coach. Time will tell if he can get them to work as a team unit.

It takes more than just throwing together a lot of talent on the floor. Scott County definitely has the most potential of any one team in the state. Hicks is a very good coach. Time will tell if he can get them to work as a team unit.

We have a winner. :thumb:

Will be interesting to watch them develop over the summer and next season. I hope to get to watch them at the Georgetown camp or the Bluegrass Championship.

If they decide to play as a team, they should be hard to beat. But will they? That's a lot of potential on the team, and is there enough minutes and points to go around.

But they are a new team right now basically. So Hicks should get them together by mid-season next year.

Someone asked about Goldenrule.... I thought I saw some status beside one of his posts on here that he has been suspended or something.

One of the Scott County Asst Coaches told me recently you may be surprised by who does or doesn't start next year. Could be some unhappy D1 prospects sitting around on the bench more than they would like. Anyway, Hicks is a good coach. I think he will bring them around as a playing unit.

I couldn't agree more. I had a chance to watch him about 3 times while he played middle school ball. He was easily the best player on the court and I couldn't remember his name. I am glad I now know his name so I can keep up with his high school career. I had also heard that a good friend of his played at the other middle school in Frankfort and that they were going to go to the same high school together. I had heard they would either go to Louisville Trinity(family ties) or Scott Co(obvious reasons) and I was also wondering if that kid might have came to Scott Co. also. That kid was pretty good as well. I am glad I got Ivey's name. I hope he has a great high school career. I wish him well.

His buddy's last name is Leech, just so happens Leech's dad got a job coaching for Lex Cath Football team and he will be playing for the Knights next year. IMO he was sort of shopping his son around in order to obtain a coaching position. Nonetheless good luck to both Ivey and Leech, Franklin County will miss both of them!

His buddy's last name is Leech, just so happens Leech's dad got a job coaching for Lex Cath Football team and he will be playing for the Knights next year. IMO he was sort of shopping his son around in order to obtain a coaching position. Nonetheless good luck to both Ivey and Leech, Franklin County will miss both of them!
IMO you are right on the money with this one. This is the same guy that was called out by one of the High School Football coaches in the area for handing out flyers for a private high school football camp at one of the middle schools.

I was wondering. I know I had heard at a middle school tournament about those two playing high school ball at the same school. Guess it didn't work out like they wanted. It'll be intresting to see their paths cross in about 3-4 years. No doubt, good luck to both players, they are great ball players and I hope they have continued success.

Looks like Scott Co will be tested right off the bat. I just saw Holmes schedule and SC will meet Holmes December 14th (Sun) at NKU's new Bank of Kentucky Arena. :banana:

That will be a great early season game. Id imagine there will be a huge crowd at this one. There is going to be a lot of great players in this game. Both teams will have new faces so neither team will be clicking on all cylinders yet, but itll be a great matchup.