Madison Central Job...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has interviewed, now we are waiting on a decision. The list includes Mike Crafton, Mercer Co. Coach, Henderson's Coach, a GA from EKU and Cooksey who is Gina Lakes' brother-in-law.

I really hope Crafton gets the job.

At least Gina Lakes is making it look like she is interviewing people. Everyone knows who is going to get this job. I personally hope Troy Lee Thomas gets the job, but I wouldn't want him to have to put up with the crap that goes on there. He is a great coach!

At least Gina Lakes is making it look like she is interviewing people. Everyone knows who is going to get this job. I personally hope Troy Lee Thomas gets the job, but I wouldn't want him to have to put up with the crap that goes on there. He is a great coach!

Central doesn't deserve a great coach like Troy Lee after what they did to Coach G!

This may be the worst hire ever. Nothing personal against Cooksey, but Gina Lakes was quoted saying they wanted to go in a different direction, but yet she hires someone from G's staff who is also her brother-in-law. The guy has no head coaching expirence, and hasn't even been a head coach at the youth league level, and now he is coaching in one of the toughest regions in the state. Also, this hire makes it look as if G was booted to give Cooksey the job, and I also thought that this was against state policy to hire a family member as a head coach if your relative was the principal. I don't wish bad things for Central, but after this hire they don't deserve to win. This is a black eye for Madison Central, and I hope you all realize it "will" get worse as far as support for the school.