Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central Job...

Featured Replies

This may be the worst hire ever. Nothing personal against Cooksey, but Gina Lakes was quoted saying they wanted to go in a different direction, but yet she hires someone from G's staff who is also her brother-in-law. The guy has no head coaching expirence, and hasn't even been a head coach at the youth league level, and now he is coaching in one of the toughest regions in the state. Also, this hire makes it look as if G was booted to give Cooksey the job, and I also thought that this was against state policy to hire a family member as a head coach if your relative was the principal. I don't wish bad things for Central, but after this hire they don't deserve to win. This is a black eye for Madison Central, and I hope you all realize it "will" get worse as far as support for the school.

 

I don't think there is any doubt that this was a "inside" job in regards to the dismissal of Coach Gandolfo. They now have what they want so we will see what happens. Coach G is a dear friend and great coach and the cirumstances are very unfortunate. The principal had some applicants that had several state tournament appearances between them and chose this so the message is that it is not about who is a class act, who is a good man, who is a proven winner, it is about what she wants in her own little world and that is not always what is best for the kids or the school. Adult agendas are killing high school sports and the black eye on Madison Central from this is very bad. I wonder what Coach Feldhaus thinks of this selection. :irked:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is any doubt that this was a "inside" job in regards to the dismissal of Coach Gandolfo. They now have what they want so we will see what happens. Coach G is a dear friend and great coach and the cirumstances are very unfortunate. The principal had some applicants that had several state tournament appearances between them and chose this so the message is that it is not about who is a class act, who is a good man, who is a proven winner, it is about what she wants in her own little world and that is not always what is best for the kids or the school. Adult agendas are killing high school sports and the black eye on Madison Central from this is very bad. I wonder what Coach Feldhaus thinks of this selection. :irked:

 

I'm not sure, but I hope he's in tight with the principal if he wants to stay at Central.

I have confirmed what nWo posted earlier, the position is filled. What a joke...

One of the applicants was the assisstant coach on the 1994 girls state champions(M.C.Napier) and he has been in six other state tournaments with Perry Central as an assisstant(1998.2000,2001,2002,2003,2004).

I've known Mrs. Lakes since my kids were at Madison Middle. It is hard for me to fathom she would do something wrong. I think everyone should give the new coach a chance before he is condemned.

Robbie Cooksey is a good man. I agree with nWo. Give the guy a chance. I hate the fact that Coach G got it taken away from him like he did. But honestly guys, there is no way this happened because of Cooksey. He and G are friends, not just coworkers that coached together. He wouldn't be a part of something that would hurt G. I think Cooksey was as surprised as anyone.

This is absolutely hilarious. Gina Lakes has to be the laughing stock of Richmond.

I've known Mrs. Lakes since my kids were at Madison Middle. It is hard for me to fathom she would do something wrong. I think everyone should give the new coach a chance before he is condemned.

 

You know better!

You know better!

Why, because some don't like her or her actions?

Regardless of how everyone feels...it is over, the decision has been made. The best thing that we can do is be supportive of Coach Cooksey and the program he is going to try and continue to make successful.

Regardless of how everyone feels...it is over, the decision has been made. The best thing that we can do is be supportive of Coach Cooksey and the program he is going to try and continue to make successful.

Exactly! It seems like some are forgetting the young ladies who'll be playing for this year's team. They'll need the support of the fans instead of the bickering.

Why, because some don't like her or her actions?

 

Actions speak much louder than words.

I feel that people will support the team. Nobody has said there won't be support there for the kids. The real kicker here is how stupid the principal looks. It is just hard for me to believe that she flat out hired her own brother in law. It was pretty ridiculous that she fired Coach G, but her firing Coach G only to hire her brother in law takes the cake.

Actions speak much louder than words.

You can not like her and her actions all you want. It is not going to effect my opinion of her.

I've known Mrs. Lakes since my kids were at Madison Middle. It is hard for me to fathom she would do something wrong. I think everyone should give the new coach a chance before he is condemned.

 

You said it was hard for you to fathom she would do something wrong. I was trying to make the point that her firing Coach G only to hire her brother in law IS WRONG. It just makes her look ridiculous.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.