Best Teams not to win Sweet 16?

After the loss from LexCath I was wondering what teams would rank as best All-Time teams not to win the Sweet 16. I would have to go with 5 LexCath teams. My LexCath top 5 would be:

1. 97-98 (top 5 Team Nationally) - State Semifinals

2. 04-05 (top 10 Team Nationally) - Regional Finals

3. 07-08 (#22 Team Nation) - State Semifinals

4. 03-04 (Top 10 Team Nationally) - Regional Semis

5. 99-00 (??) - State Finals

I'm not sure about any other teams in the state just wondering what these teams would rank all-time.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that old but I remember the LC team with Demetrius Green, Morton, Graham and Smith..tough breaks for that team. I believe Graham hurt his knee? Green had some problems off the court and then Lafayette took them down @ EKU.

I'm not that old but I remember the LC team with Demetrius Green, Morton, Graham and Smith..tough breaks for that team. I believe Graham hurt his knee? Green had some problems off the court and then Lafayette took them down @ EKU.

They won the state as sophomores and lost in the district tournament as seniors.

I'd say they're one of the best teams not to win.

Mason in '04 is up there too...

They shouldn't be in this debate, its about teams that didn't win, not teams that were robbed in the greatest injustice in Sweet 16 history. But I guess since the refs missed that one they would be a pretty good choice.

Can someone explain to me what happened in that game.

After the loss from LexCath I was wondering what teams would rank as best All-Time teams not to win the Sweet 16. I would have to go with 5 LexCath teams. My LexCath top 5 would be:

1. 97-98 (top 5 Team Nationally) - State Semifinals

2. 04-05 (top 10 Team Nationally) - Regional Finals

3. 07-08 (#22 Team Nation) - State Semifinals

4. 03-04 (Top 10 Team Nationally) - Regional Semis

5. 99-00 (??) - State Finals

I'm not sure about any other teams in the state just wondering what these teams would rank all-time.

Wasn't LC undefeated in '98 until they played Paintsville on Paintsville's senior night? Then they got upset by Dunbar in the finals of the region? They would have met Paintsville again in the first round if they had made it. I think it was '98, not sure though.