Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central job?????

Featured Replies

Heard their coach was pushed out after 25 years helping with the program. Also heard that the parents had something to do with it? Didnt he just get runner up for 11th region coach of the year? Something kinda fishy if you ask me!!

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard their coach was pushed out after 25 years helping with the program. Also heard that the parents had something to do with it? Didnt he just get runner up for 11th region coach of the year? Something kinda fishy if you ask me!!

 

Nothing is a surprise to me with Central.

Gotta love the parents!

Richmond Register Article

 

Guy Gandolfo had a winning record in his 3 years as the Lady Indians head coach in the toughest region in the state. He was region runner-up COY and his teams are young, and only going to improve...it is remarkable with what he did with so little talent. He is a super guy off the court as well....I'm sure nWo or The Golfer would second this.

 

He has had to deal with more crap from parents than any coach should have to during his time as HC.....the principal, superintendent, and AD are to blame for the firing....it is a flat out shame that they would not back one of their own peers when dealing with ignorant parents. The Indian sports program as a whole is turning into a joke thanks to Gina Lakes and Gary Fritz. :sssh:

Richmond Register Article

 

Guy Gandolfo had a winning record in his 3 years as the Lady Indians head coach in the toughest region in the state. He was region runner-up COY and his teams are young, and only going to improve...it is remarkable with what he did with so little talent. He is a super guy off the court as well....I'm sure nWo or The Golfer would second this.

 

He has had to deal with more crap from parents than any coach should have to during his time as HC.....the principal, superintendent, and AD are to blame for the firing....it is a flat out shame that they would not back one of their own peers when dealing with ignorant parents. The Indian sports program as a whole is turning into a joke thanks to Gina Lakes and Gary Fritz. :sssh:

 

I'll second that!

Is Gary Fritz about to retire or move on?

If you've been around coaching for a while then you know all the unfairness that happens to coaches and the lack of a backbone that administrators have when it comes to parents. Seldom have I met a principal, AD, or other administrator who is willing to step up to the plate for a coach who has done nothing wrong but parents are breathing down their neck because they didn't get what they thought they should get for their daughter. And I see no change in the future. They all bow to the almighty cries of parents. For once I would like to hear that a principal or AD told parents to just shut up and if they didn't like it, to take their STAR daughter somewhere else. Still waiting for that to happen.

  • Author
Is Gary Fritz about to retire or move on?

 

I doubt it because his son is an assistant on the boys team. I'm sure he wants to be sure he is next in line for "a job" before he leaves.

  • Author
Richmond Register Article

 

Guy Gandolfo had a winning record in his 3 years as the Lady Indians head coach in the toughest region in the state. He was region runner-up COY and his teams are young, and only going to improve...it is remarkable with what he did with so little talent. He is a super guy off the court as well....I'm sure nWo or The Golfer would second this.

 

He has had to deal with more crap from parents than any coach should have to during his time as HC.....the principal, superintendent, and AD are to blame for the firing....it is a flat out shame that they would not back one of their own peers when dealing with ignorant parents. The Indian sports program as a whole is turning into a joke thanks to Gina Lakes and Gary Fritz. :sssh:

 

I completely agree. The story around Richmond is that she asked Gandolfo to resign. He wouldn't, so she fired him in order to hire her brother in law.

 

The dominance of Madison County politics CONTINUES..............

What a very classless move by Madison Central. Coach Gandolfo did more for the program even when he wasn't a coach for that program and when he got his chance at the helm he turned the program around to be a contender again.

 

I pose these questions to the Administrators involved with this "mistake".

1) Don't you want your coaches to have integrity?

2) Don't you want your coaches to teach values?

3) Don't you want your coaches to win games ultimately?

 

If you answered yes to those three question, what heck are you doing firing the only person that has given you that in his 3 years at the helm? :flame:

I completely agree. The story around Richmond is that she asked Gandolfo to resign. He wouldn't, so she fired him in order to hire her brother in law.

 

The dominance of Madison County politics CONTINUES..............

 

Please tell me you are kidding.

 

Guy is a great person and I know he worked hard as a coach.

Most likely just another example of an administration BOWING to the wants of a few disgruntled parents whose daughter didn't get the playing time or recognition that they felt like their superstart daughter should have gotten. Most parents just wear blinders and only see one thing - their daughter!

I doubt it because his son is an assistant on the boys team. I'm sure he wants to be sure he is next in line for "a job" before he leaves.

 

I was told that the AD was blocking wrestling from coming to Madison Central and I was also told that it will be approved as soon as the AD retires which would be soon.

I was told that the AD was blocking wrestling from coming to Madison Central and I was also told that it will be approved as soon as the AD retires which would be soon.

 

Probably have to block wrestling so they have enough $$ to pay for their boys basketball coach.

I was told that the AD was blocking wrestling from coming to Madison Central and I was also told that it will be approved as soon as the AD retires which would be soon.

 

I think there is a Title IX issue that is holding it up as well, although I can't confirm that 100%.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.