Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central job?????

Featured Replies

I think there is a Title IX issue that is holding it up as well, although I can't confirm that 100%.

 

I believe that is the excuse the AD is using, MC offers everything that Dunbar offers except wrestling. Title IX is not in the way according to people trying to get it approved. I was told that the AD said "their will never be wrestling while I am here". I lived in Richmond for 8 years and even did my student teaching there. I still have friends in the school system and that is what I was told.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the exact same thing Pancake. Not to change the subject. Coach Gandolfo is a great coach and a better person. It is my understanding they don't have to provide any explanation as to why. They just don't have to renew the contract. Seems that anyone with integrity would at least provide justification.

And they have 1 coach over there in another sport who underachieves and gets along with absolutely no one!!

  • Author
And they have 1 coach over there in another sport who underachieves and gets along with absolutely no one!!

 

 

This is so true, but you know nothing will ever be done about this certain coach.

I believe that this should make all Madison Co. coaches stand at attention. This is just flat wrong to let a man of high character go because parents think they run the show. When will adminstrations learn that parents are not there to run a program, but to support a program. Madison Southern has done this for years, had look how successful they are...glad to see Central is following suit.

What has happened is absolutely terrible! If I had a daughter that was of age to play basketball for Central, I could not ask for a better person and role model. Hey guys, the man only lost 8 games in the last 2 years with a total of 2 seniors in that time period! That's a freaking shame. Lost this year to the State Champs, wins district titles, makes great runs in the region, and still gets put out in the cold. Shame Madison....shame on you!

Just look around the state in past years - this kind of behavior is not that uncommon. There have been quite a few good coaches around the state who did not bow to parents but were backstabbed by the administration. This is just another one of those cases but unfortunately we'll continue to see more of it. When will an administration grow a couple big coconuts and support a coach who has done nothing wrong? Would love to hear some of those stories.

Well I did once here of a principal that stood up to the.............uh, wait a minute, I haven't heard of this story........That must have just been a fantasy.

The word on the street is that the new Superintendent is trying to bring in a coach from Somerset where he is from...sounds fishy to me!

The word on the street is that the new Superintendent is trying to bring in a coach from Somerset where he is from...sounds fishy to me!

 

I believe though that Mike Crafton would be the best choice...He coached all these girls in middle school and has expirence coaching at the high school level. He is a great guy with tons of basketball knowledge, and young enough to get through to these girls, these girls are really good, and with the right coach can very easily win the 11th region.

I believe though that Mike Crafton would be the best choice...He coached all these girls in middle school and has expirence coaching at the high school level. He is a great guy with tons of basketball knowledge, and young enough to get through to these girls, these girls are really good, and with the right coach can very easily win the 11th region.

 

I agree with you. Mike would get the job done.

However, it is still awful what has gone on here.

^ Judy Mason perhaps???

The superintendant was hired after Coach was fired. There is another rumor going around about why he was fired - has to do with them losing in the first round of the districts in the 2006-2007 season.

  • Author
The superintendant was hired after Coach was fired. There is another rumor going around about why he was fired - has to do with them losing in the first round of the districts in the 2006-2007 season.

 

I don't understand what this means. Any explanation???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.