Harmon to Tates Creek

Lexfball

Lafayette's coach is going to coach creek.

http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/

This is a shocker. Lafayette in my opinion is the top team in Lexington next year.

Did Lafayette experience some success that I am unaware of? He must live closer to the Commodores' house.

This is a similar move to the one at Ballard High School.

Best of luck to Coach Harmon.

The new stadium must have been too much of a draw, like a moth to an open flame.:D

There must be new blood out there somewhere qualified to coach in Kentucky.

Yes they experienced success. Harmon was a program builder. If he takes his assistants with him i give Tates Creek three years to compete competitively again. In my opinion both coordinators are head coaches in waiting. I know he wish he had sparks still! I know Tates Creek is where his heart is. But Lafayette was close to taking over Lexington district football.

Yes they experienced success. Harmon was a program builder. If he takes his assistants with him i give Tates Creek three years to compete competitively again. In my opinion both coordinators are head coaches in waiting. I know he wish he had sparks still! I know Tates Creek is where his heart is. But Lafayette was close to taking over Lexington district football.

On paper for next year with Dunbar's returning class and knocking Lafayette out of the playoffs I would think they should at least have an edge over Lafayette in the preseason. Not saying anything about the other Lexington Schools just Lafayette and Dunbar.

Lafayette will be just fine. Harmon has roots at tates creek and it is indeed close to his house.

Watch for some key seniors to return to the team who sat out last year, and with luck the new hire will come from within.

I'll be pulling for Harmon in every game except when he plays Lafayette.

Watch for Lafayette/Tates Creek to be a big game this year.

Great point! Dunbar has everything coming back. But they've also had the most collaboration last year. They just need to put it together finally. I'd say they were about equal right now but losing harmon is a big blow.

What do you mean by "most collaboration"?

Henry Clay had phillipi, boyd, and gay. I believe dunbar had the the greatest number of talented players. They were solid at every position besides the inconsistencies at quarterback . Maybe coaching philosophy or confidence kept them from prospering last year.

This is the best move for Tates Creek. It ripped out our soul the first time he left, I can say that honestly having played for him at TC. We fed off of his energy, Tates Creek will be competitive sooner rather than later. Lafayette was the worst team in town annually, before he went there, he can flat out coach. Is Robbie Sayre the going to be the man at Lafayette?

On paper for next year with Dunbar's returning class and knocking Lafayette out of the playoffs I would think they should at least have an edge over Lafayette in the preseason. Not saying anything about the other Lexington Schools just Lafayette and Dunbar.

Sorry boys, Lafayette is loaded this year.:eek:

Interesting....looks like this isn't much of a surprise....as seen here or here. :sssh:

This move makes all the sense in the world. I'd say two of the main factors were a background with Tates Creek and Joe Ruddell, and Lafayette's subpar facilities. Are they ever going to get the new stadium (which all other Lex publics have already gotten) ?