Harmon to Tates Creek

Lexfball

Bear, you were on the right track. Harmon has always had strong ties at Creek. He is a legacy so to speak. From what I understand, he had a hard time with this one due to his strong loyalty to the boys that played for him at Lafayette. Lafayette will be fine this year and whomever takes over this team has a great foundation laid for him. Hopefully, Harmon will work his magic at TC and return them to their former dominance. When you look at it, he lives in that district and that is where his kids will go to school so the move makes sense. Best of luck to both Lafayette and Tates Creek this year.

Sorry boys, Lafayette is loaded this year.:eek:

Dunbar shut them out in the playoffs, they shut them out in JV, returns more starters, and Lafayatte lost Bunch, Gifford, and now their head coach. On paper Dunbar has a clear edge for this season.

Dunbar shut them out in the playoffs, they shut them out in JV, returns more starters, and Lafayatte lost Bunch, Gifford, and now their head coach. On paper Dunbar has a clear edge for this season.[/quote

That is all just great. However, "on paper" is wonderful, but it just doesn't hold much weight with me. Everyone looked better on paper than Lafayette.

Lafayette will be just fine. Harmon has roots at tates creek and it is indeed close to his house.

Watch for some key seniors to return to the team who sat out last year, and with luck the new hire will come from within.

I'll be pulling for Harmon in every game except when he plays Lafayette.

Watch for Lafayette/Tates Creek to be a big game this year.

What does this mean? I think Harmon will be just fine!

Should be interesting to see how Harmon does this upcomming season. He is taking over two programs! He was just recently named the head coach for the Horsemen and they are jumping to the AFL2 and now TC. Does anyone think that either of these teams will suffer because of the other. I know he was doing both before but now he is the head coach for both. Should be interesting to see. Good luck to both.

The success or failure of either team comes down to what kind of staff he can put together. I know the Horsemen staff is a good one, his Lafayette staff was a good one and I expect his TC staff to be a good one. I see no problems.

I have been told that former Horsemen head coach Mike Zuckerman will be joining the TC staff.... thats a pretty good start.

The success or failure of either team comes down to what kind of staff he can put together. I know the Horsemen staff is a good one, his Lafayette staff was a good one and I expect his TC staff to be a good one. I see no problems.

I have been told that former Horsemen head coach Mike Zuckerman will be joining the TC staff.... thats a pretty good start.

I agree totally with your statement. I think he will have to put together a good staff at TC because he may miss some things due to his Horsemen responsiblities. He will have to have guys that he can trust to carry out his mission daily if he will not be there all the time. It has to be tough to coaching 2 teams with the overlaping schedules.

I agree totally with your statement. I think he will have to put together a good staff at TC because he may miss some things due to his Horsemen responsiblities. He will have to have guys that he can trust to carry out his mission daily if he will not be there all the time. It has to be tough to coaching 2 teams with the overlaping schedules.

The last 2 Horsemen coaches seemed to be alright. If you ask them, they'll agree that its better. It gives them a different perspective on different ideas, that alot of times applies to both teams.

Gamer, you make great sense. Harmon did a great job at Lafayette and if he can match that at TC, the city could be in trouble. There is a lot of talent in that school, he will have to get guys out of the halls and onto the field. I hate how much talent is walking the halls, not playing this great sport. Harmon will get them out, he does a good job of that.

Gamer, you make great sense. Harmon did a great job at Lafayette and if he can match that at TC, the city could be in trouble. There is a lot of talent in that school, he will have to get guys out of the halls and onto the field. I hate how much talent is walking the halls, not playing this great sport. Harmon will get them out, he does a good job of that.

Honestly what you just said is on the mind of every coach in the city. He has left Lafayette in great shape and looking to be the team in town this year. He and his staff are incredible at what they do. He is known for his motivational skills, so I am sure he will get the kids on the field.

• 5 weeks later...
Dunbar shut them out in the playoffs, they shut them out in JV, returns more starters, and Lafayette lost Bunch, Gifford, and now their head coach. On paper Dunbar has a clear edge for this season.

Losing Harmon and those seniors is a blow but the coaching staff and returning players that's left will pick up the slack. Yes Dunbar beat Lafayette in the playoffs but Lafayette had a lot of key players hurt or didn't play which I think played a huge role in the loss. Things on paper really doesn't mean anything but I guess we will see what happens next season.