Franklin County Coach Resigns

Just heard that Coach Donny Walker resigned today at FCHS. He did an outstanding job rebuilding a FCHS team that was 0-10 the year before he took over the job. The Flyers made the playoffs in every one of his 4 seasons going 7-4, 7-4, 10-2, and 9-3. Not sure who might be in line for the job, but they are losing a winner.

Good Luch Coach Walker!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that Coach Donny Walker resigned today at FCHS. He did an outstanding job rebuilding a FCHS team that was 0-10 the year before he took over the job. The Flyers made the playoffs in every one of his 4 seasons going 7-4, 7-4, 10-2, and 9-3. Not sure who might be in line for the job, but they are losing a winner.

Good Luch Coach Walker!

Could he be going down to Troy, and be on the offensive staff with Tony Franklin?

Coach Walker did a great job at Franklin County. Where will he coach next year?

I am not sure if he will be coaching. I heard he was going to work camps and clinics with Tony Franklin. Not sure if he will be part of the staff at Troy or not.

This administration is so incompetent we'll be lucky to have a coach by next season much less a good one. If it wasn't for this administration I believe coach Walker would still be at FC today. There is ZERO support from the school for sports of any kind. :madman:

This administration is so incompetent we'll be lucky to have a coach by next season much less a good one. If it wasn't for this administration I believe coach Walker would still be at FC today. There is ZERO support from the school for sports of any kind. :madman:

That may be true but I have heard in the rumor mill for awhile he was going to resign. I have heard he likes this gig he has with Franklin.

That may be true but I have heard in the rumor mill for awhile he was going to resign. I have heard he likes this gig he has with Franklin.
He has such a knack for this computer stuff. He may go in that direction and have his own business doing video consultations.