Franklin County Coach Resigns

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you get your information, but you are dead wrong. Maybe you can provide more specifics.

Franklin County does have a new Superintendent coming on Board this summer as the old one did need to go, but decisions at FC are made at Site base, so you are obviously refering to the Principal as being the one who does not support. That would absolutely make no sense. Nearly 80% of gate revenues come from football and basketball at most any school, and it takes those moneys to help support the non revenue producing sports. Why would an adminstration shoot themselves in the foot by not trying to be the best they can be in football and basketball. Let those sports go south and every athletic program suffers as revenues will go down.

Tell us exactly what the administration did to run Walker off. Better yet why don't you outline a plan that the administration could implement to better support the football program.

Sounds to me like Walker just got an opportunity to do a little something different that would probably better his financial situation. Probably one that no public high school in KY could compete with.

It takes booster money to appropriately fund any athletic program in any public school.

Maybe you could step up and be a fundraiser or make an in kind contribution of some kind to the program.

Step up and be a leader instead of a whiner and complainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get my information by being up at the school during football season 4 days a week trying to help get things ready for Friday nights.

I agree with you 100% that the principal should be supporting the program because of the revenue the games bring in but she has fought everything we and coach Walker have tried to do for the past 3 years.

If you want to find out about all the things they have done all you have to do is talk to any parent that has a kid playing. I'm sure they would be more than glad to go over it with you. A few off the top of my head, cut a ditch across the practice field two days before spring ball started after telling him they would go around, won't mow the field, fertilize, aerate or do any maintenance on the practice field, field house or any facilities. Lets other clubs sell football merchandise at the football games cutting into the booster club revenue that is used to help the football team. I could go on and on but I guess it would just be whining.

Talk to anyone that has a kid playing sports other than basketball at FC and you will find out real quick what I'm talking about.

And believe me buddy I've done more than my share of fundraising and donating things to the program because the school has no interest in doing their job.

Add Joey Thacker and Jerry Perry. Oh, I forgot add Billy D. to the list. :D

I'm not familer with some of these guys. I know Graham, Ledford and Thacker but who is Jerry Perry, Johnny Poynter & Chris Tracy? Thanks

Jerry Perry is a native of Franklin County. He is the defensive Cood. at Danville High School and has head coaching experince at Garrard County High School back during their hay day.

Johnny Poynter has been the head coach at Trimble County High School the last 2 years, before that he was head coach at Pike Central.

Chris Tracy has been the head coach at Woodfrod County High School the last 4 years. He runs the same "Mumme system" that Coach Walker has ran at Franklin.

I do not think that any of these guys will really be interested when the rubber meets the road, with want they have going on at their schools now.

Rumors rumors, I still think that it will be Billy D.

I will have to change my stance on this position after hearing war stories about the adminstration. You have to show commitment to the program to get coaches interest. Just have to wait and see.