Franklin County Coach Resigns

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This administration is so incompetent we'll be lucky to have a coach by next season much less a good one. If it wasn't for this administration I believe coach Walker would still be at FC today. There is ZERO support from the school for sports of any kind. :madman:
I don't know where you get your information, but you are dead wrong. Maybe you can provide more specifics.

Franklin County does have a new Superintendent coming on Board this summer as the old one did need to go, but decisions at FC are made at Site base, so you are obviously refering to the Principal as being the one who does not support. That would absolutely make no sense. Nearly 80% of gate revenues come from football and basketball at most any school, and it takes those moneys to help support the non revenue producing sports. Why would an adminstration shoot themselves in the foot by not trying to be the best they can be in football and basketball. Let those sports go south and every athletic program suffers as revenues will go down.

Tell us exactly what the administration did to run Walker off. Better yet why don't you outline a plan that the administration could implement to better support the football program.

Sounds to me like Walker just got an opportunity to do a little something different that would probably better his financial situation. Probably one that no public high school in KY could compete with.

It takes booster money to appropriately fund any athletic program in any public school.

Maybe you could step up and be a fundraiser or make an in kind contribution of some kind to the program.

Step up and be a leader instead of a whiner and complainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that this job will have alot of top notch coaches looking at it. This will be a hot job!! Good new district and alot better support than alot of places I know. I have already heard of 2 big name guys that are interested. Coach Walker has done a good job builting it up to where they can get some good people looking at it.

Coach Ledford deserves a shot at this one. He has been through the last two head coaches and done an exceptional job. The pieces are in place but chemistry with the FCHS players is the number one key to them being successful. Its the number key anywhere in the city of Frankfort when it comes to athletics. Coach Ledford has that comradarie and understands the feeder systems in Frankfort and what needs to be done in order to help the program be enhanced by them. The clientele of Franklin County and the beliefs of Coach Ledford are a good match.

Coach Ledford deserves a shot at this one. He has been through the last two head coaches and done an exceptional job. The pieces are in place but chemistry with the FCHS players is the number one key to them being successful. Its the number key anywhere in the city of Frankfort when it comes to athletics. Coach Ledford has that comradarie and understands the feeder systems in Frankfort and what needs to be done in order to help the program be enhanced by them. The clientele of Franklin County and the beliefs of Coach Ledford are a good match.

Where does Coach Ledford coach at now? What is his record? Give us some of his background.

He is an assistant at Franklin County. He has been there the last five years. Calling the defense on Friday night while coaching the offensive and defensive lines for Coach Walker. Played collegiately at Morehead State I believe. Also runs the weightroom for Coach Walker. Very good young coach and very knowledgeable about the Franklin County school system and how things work.

They would be hardpressed not to give Coach Ledford a shot @ the job.
I think Denny Ledford would be an excellent choice also. He is a student of the game and will put the time and effort needed to continue the success that Franklin County has been experiencing.

I could see Ledford getting the upper hand in this job. He has been there since 2002 I believe. He knows the kids, administration and most of all the players.

The other names would be quality candidates to interview and to make this job more appealing but those coaches are established where they are unless they are unhappy.

Is'nt Ray Graham a name that pops up every time a job comes open?

They owe Coach Ledford a good solid look-he could have left there several times-both good (Walker) and bad (Roberts latter year)...should'nt loyalty and love for the kids/program being taken in account?

Names i have heard flks talk about:

1. Ledford

2. Ray Graham

3. johnnny Poytner

4. Chris Tracy

Not saying this is who they are chasing after, but names going around the community

Add Joey Thacker and Jerry Perry. Oh, I forgot add Billy D. to the list. :D