Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Paul Dunbar

Featured Replies

What does Dunbar need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the head man there has a lot of pressure on him going into this season being they went 1-9. I don't think I ever heard of Dunbar having that down of a year. Did they lose a lot of talent from the year before? I know then (2005) they only lost 2 regular season games.

I would say the head man there has a lot of pressure on him going into this season being they went 1-9. I don't think I ever heard of Dunbar having that down of a year. Did they lose a lot of talent from the year before? I know then (2005) they only lost 2 regular season games.

 

 

I don't think Hensley has any problem with his job. Dunbar has been 0-10 before in the first year so they have been poor before. The big difference between Dunbar from 2005-2006 is the loss of a lot of Senior skill players and 06 Dunbar lost a lot of close games that the 05 won. In 06 Dunbar had many sophmores on the field at skill positions and this year they have grown up a little bit.

 

Henry Clay has ran away with the district the last couple of years but everyone else has been close. Dunbar was the runner up in the district in 05 and I know everyone thought Dunbar was awful this year but Dunbar was leading in the games against Tates Creek and Lafayette in the second half in the 06 season and lost both games. This is only a four team district this year so everyone will make the playoffs.

 

Dunbar has to win the close games is the big thing they must improve on and that should be easier to do with most skill kids returning for the 07 season and the 08 season the year following. I put the scores of the 05 and 06 season up to see how close games were in both years just went to the other end in 06.

 

Aug 18, '06 Montgomery Bell, TN Paul Dunbar 7 - 24 (L) BB&T Bank Bowl

 

Aug 25, '06 Madison Central Madison Central 7 - 33 (L)

Sep 1, '06 Pleasure Ridge Park Pleasure Ridge Park 14 - 29 (L)

Sep 8, '06 Ryle Paul Dunbar 3 - 17 (L)

Sep 15, '06 Woodford County Woodford County 0 - 6 (L)

Sep 25, '06 Tates Creek Paul Dunbar 14 - 17 (L) (overtime)

Sep 29, '06 Open Paul Dunbar -

Oct 6, '06 Lafayette Lafayette 24 - 35 (L)

Oct 13, '06 Henry Clay Paul Dunbar 3 - 42 (L)

Oct 20, '06 Scott County Scott County 7 - 19 (L)

Oct 27, '06 Bryan Station Paul Dunbar 34 - 14 (W)

 

 

Aug 20, '05 Lone Oak Paul Dunbar 57 - 6 (W)

Aug 26, '05 Madison Central Paul Dunbar 28 - 19 (W)

Sep 2, '05 Pleasure Ridge Park Paul Dunbar 38 - 28 (W)

Sep 9, '05 Ryle Ryle 28 - 42 (L)

Sep 16, '05 Woodford County Paul Dunbar 28 - 7 (W)

Sep 23, '05 Tates Creek Tates Creek 13 - 10 (W)

Sep 30, '05 Open Paul Dunbar -

Oct 7, '05 Lafayette Paul Dunbar 35 - 7 (W)

Oct 14, '05 Henry Clay Henry Clay 28 - 35 (L)

Oct 21, '05 Scott County Paul Dunbar 40 - 35 (W)

Oct 28, '05 Bryan Station Bryan Station 30 - 14 (W)

Nov 4, '05 George Rogers Clark Paul Dunbar 30 - 26 (W) Class AAAA Football State Tournament

 

Nov 11, '05 Scott County Paul Dunbar 23 - 22 (W) Class AAAA Football State Tournament

overtime

Nov 18, '05 Henry Clay Henry Clay 20 - 55 (L)

Golfer, Is the fullback dive, out of a million formations still in the playbook for this upcoming season???

 

I look for Dunbar to be in the hunt for the district title in 07. Lafayette seems to be losing a lot, Henry Clay loses a lot of it's firepower, Tates Creek is an unknown to me.

Golfer, Is the fullback dive, out of a million formations still in the playbook for this upcoming season???

 

I look for Dunbar to be in the hunt for the district title in 07. Lafayette seems to be losing a lot, Henry Clay loses a lot of it's firepower, Tates Creek is an unknown to me.

 

Since Jerrell Greene is the tailback it's highly unlikely.:lol:

I know Coach Hensley as a person, and I have always thought the world of him, how is he as a Coach?

Prior to the 06 season Coach Hensley's staff had an overall record of 40-9 so he should be ok given the youth of the 06 team. At the 4A now 6A level there are no easy wins you have to bring it each and every week, look for the dogs to be much more of a seasoned team this fall.

Dunbar will be improved. Jerrell Greene returns at TB. Leading rusher Steven Willis returns at FB. Pretty good O-line. Decent size but can move their feet and come off the ball. Nick Edelstein returns at LB. Taylor Klein returns on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Good thing is, the sophomores are now going to be Juniors. Return 10 individuals who started and 6 more who played quite a bit.

Will you be returning next year slink?

I know Dunbar has a tough schedule next year that includes Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Madison Central, Trinity, and Boyle County(?). What are the other three games??

I know Dunbar has a tough schedule next year that includes Henry Clay, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Madison Central, Trinity, and Boyle County(?). What are the other three games??
One of the games will be with Southwestern...

The other two games appear to be Scott County and Corbin

Will you be returning next year slink?

Yes.

Here is the full schedule with dates and where the games will be played.

 

August 24 Bryan Station Away

August 31 Corbin Away

September 7 Scott Co Home

September 14 Open

September 21 Tates Creek Away

September 28 Southwestern Away

October 5 Henry Clay Home

October 12 Madison Central Home

October 19 Lafayette Home

October 26 Trinity Away

November 2 Boyle Co. Home

 

 

It's a solid schedule. Some tough home games and away.

I think that Dunbar will be much improved this coming year. Talking to a few people from up in the Lexington area I have heard that they have a load of kids out for spring practice and are looking very good. Coach David Hensley has went back home to Harlan County to find himself a solid football minded assistant in Justin Curry (former Harlan player, and assistant in 2004). From what I've heard Justin will be in charge of TE's and LB's for the upcoming season as well as having some vital input in the offensive play calling side of the ball. If all of these rumors are true I think that this team could be the turn around team of the year in Lexington and may really shock some of their more formidable opponents.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.