Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Central or Elliott?
I would have to take Elliott over Central. With regard to the bold, and I know this is off thread, but if that defense is that good, what does it say about the play of Polson from West Jess? He was West's only ball handler and they came within a play or two of being in the championship game. I never saw the quickness of Central bother him one time in that game, and as a matter of fact Polson had central on their heals all game, going one on three many times and scoring.
-
Each Region's Player & Coach of the Year
Not knocking Feldhaus, but it could be because many of the coaches in the 11th could not vote as their KABC memberships were not current.
-
Holmes 72 Lexington Catholic 56
To me Rico Johnson was the most impressive player on the floor last night. I thought he locked up Sanford. Every shot Vee took was contested, he looked extremely frustrated. Also, Holmes did a great job beateing Catholic's 2-2-1 press the first half when they attacked with the pass. They cut the press up with the pass. In he third quarter Holmes started trying to dribble through the Catholic press, and started turning the ball over (getting back tipped). When they went back to what they did the first half, attacking with the pass, the game was over. If Holmes shoots as well as they did against Catholic the rest of the tournament, they will be cutting down nets Saturday night.
-
Lexington Catholic 68 Scott County 67
Congratulations to Lex Cath for having won the 11th two years straight. With that said I have to take back my post that Scott County's program is the blueprint for success in the 11th region. Lexington Catholic's program is the blueprint for success as they no question develop players better than anyone else starting with their middle school program. They have more quality homegrown players because their system is better. As a matter of fact other programs have benefitted from players they helped develop.
-
Lexington Catholic 68 Scott County 67
I didn't see the game but I really don't agree with this logic just because it is inside 10 seconds. If it was a foul it should have been called. Take the FC/ Lafayette game, Vance Hall was clearly hit in the middle of the forearm and fouled inside 10 seconds (wazoo replay shows this). No whistle was blown. That's basketball, I understand that, I just don't agree with no calls inside of 10 seconds.
-
Scott County vs. Lexington Catholic
Losing Phares is a tough blow. Scott County will have to handle the ball better than they did against Lafayette to win. Euton will have to make layups on the back end of the press and at the foul line to get 25 and 15. The loss of Phares provides a great opportunity for Lex Cath to repeat.
-
Richie Phares torn ACL
Tough blow for Richie!!!! Hopefully it is not too bad and he fully recovers to enjoy a successful college basketball career. Good luck Richie!
-
What Happened to the Student Support
I think in many cases schools experience lack of student support because it is not cultivated. Folks just sit back and let apathy rule their lives making excuse after excuse. I think it takes leadership to promote strong school support.
-
Best Freshmen and Sophomores in the State?
Not sure Beckham is 6'1", I was told he is 5'11". Also I question Ivey's hieght at 6'1"
-
Franklin County Coaching Update?
You are probably right about most schools. At Franklin County I'm not sure which brings in the most gate but fact of the matter is that both football and basketball @ FC have brought in good gate revenue the last several years because they have been competitive and there has been excitement about their programs. I think it is counter productive to pit one against the other. Bottom line is that football and basketball carry the other sports with regard to gate money. My problem is that folks tend to always look at the negative which is also counter productive. Take the field house issue. What many don't know is that back in the late 1970's up to 1980 when the schools split the current field house was not in existence. FC had very good football teams, and if I'm not mistaken their weight room was in a very small portable classroom building. Jack Klein and Gary Dearborn didn't complain. They made it work. Now FC has a much larger field house (that has age on it granted) that basically exists due to "barn raising" efforts by private individuals in the community. They donated time and money to get the project done. With the coming of title nine I understand their is increased demand for facilities, and their are other schools that have more than FC. I believe it should be a goal to always add and improve facilities, but in the meantime I think folks need to take a lesson from some of the old school coaches like Jack Klein, Gary Dearborn, and David Lee, who had outstanding football and basketball teams. Make the best of what you have and even do more with less if you have to. That is the sign of good coaching. It bothers me to read many of these posts because it doesn't appear that many are aware that this country is in a deep recession and many predict heading into depression. These gen "X" er's, gen "Y" er's, and digital natives need to wake up, suck it up, and deal with it, DO MORE WITH LESS, figure it out!!!!!! Oh and by the way the football and basketball programs at FC will not die because there is young talent coming up through the system.
-
11th Region Draw
[ I just disagree with dryz93 that it does matter why Scott County is good, and I am complimenting SC by saying theirs is the blueprint. To be successful others should take notice and possibly do things differently. Isn't Einstein's definition of insanity "to keep doing things the same way and expect different results"?
-
11th Region Draw
Hicks is a very good coach, but there are other good coaches. I think you would have to look at everything that they do well as a program.
-
11th Region Draw
It only matters in that Scott County has raised the bar. I understand this thread is about the draw and hopefully it will be an exciting tournament. Yes they have the best team but it does matter why, because it may be the blueprint for how to compete in the 11th region in the future. I personnally believe that an organization does not have to reinvent the wheel to be successful. What you can do is look at others that are successful and copy what they do. That is just smart business practice. So if Scott County is the best team, with the best program, then their's is the blueprint for others to copy.
-
11th Region Draw
Absolutely I agree with the bold, They have 4 D1 starters including three D1 transfers. I have to agree with posters on this site that said Scott County just reloads. I am positive that their was even a poster or two that said help was on the way, and sure enough it was. Scott County is the overwhelming favorite.
-
Franklin County 71 Western Hills 38
I think the kids on the floor know what was said and based on that the ejection was deserved, obviously the refs heard it too. I thought Satterwhite deserved to make the all tourny team as he had a very good game against Woodford Co. The kid that got ejected in my opinion didn't. Isn't it sort of enabling him to act that way in the future by rewarding him with all tournament honors ?
-
George Rogers Clark 76 Montgomery County 64
Are the region pairings by draw or by seed in the 10th?
-
Manual 61 Male 58
Good to see Jenkins get healthy. Had to be frustrating dealing with an injury senior year. Best of luck.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
Defense wins games!!!!!
-
Barrett Meyer scores his 1000th point
Congratulations Bear!!!!!!!!
-
Robert Hatton scores his 1000 point
Great job Robert!!! I have always respected how you play the game, and wish you the best!!!! Fiirst time I saw you play was in about 3rd grade. You were very good then you are very good now!!!
-
Corey Rogers returns to line-up for GRC
Good news for GRC!!!!! Rogers is a Hoss Cat!!!!!!
-
Henry Clay 81 Bryan Station 73
Brown is a very good coach!!!!! I really don't understand why Guyn transfered?
-
Tates Creek 58 Dunbar 47
IMO that is because Breeden has taught them to play very good half court team defense. They are one of the better defensive teams I have seen this season.
-
11th Region Player of the Year?
I like Richie Phares from Scott County. I knew at the beginning of the year that he would lead that team. The Chad Jackson transfer was huge and without him I don't think they would be as good, but as a senior Richie is the leader. I wish him the best and I'm sure he will find the right fit for college.
-
Cantrall Ratings (2-23)
I'm sure Henly is not too worried about these ratings, and maybe the drop provides a little extra incentive for the Holmes bunch, as this poll is disrespecting the Bulldogs. I just think Henly has about everything you would want in a team heading into the tournament. He has size, speed, athletecism, defense, 3pt shooting and depth. They have a legitimate shot at running the table.