Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. OK Ram, good deal. If this daggone weather would straighten out we could get on with the basketball, although it's wearing on my nerves a little.:thumb:
  2. I'm not trying to argue either, and I appoligize if I offended anyone. Hey, the better team won last night. After all SC is #2 in the state. but I refuse to give up hope that FC can put together a better game than they did last night. I just don't think they have played their best game this season.
  3. I didn't say he wasn't a good player, I was just giving a rundown of what I saw last night. On the flip side, isn't it a good strategy for opposing coaches to emphasize that Euton be guarded closely beyond the arc?
  4. Don't really think that is how it went down, but I guess folks can always see things differently.
  5. Meyer was on Jackson, Conner was on Phares, Hall on Manning, Hicks on Guyn.
  6. I stand corrected.....honest mistake as they are twins, but I think Meyer guarded Rico.
  7. No arguement. I think if you asked Barrett who is the best defender he's faced I'm guessing it would be Guyn. He consistently draws the other team's best defender and of the nationally ranked teams FC has faced here is how I would rank them: 1) GeLawn Guyn......Meyer 11 poiints 2) Brandon Triche......Meyer 16 points 3) Rico Johnson.......Meyer 19 points
  8. LMB, you have definitely highlighted the SC players that were the difference. Guyn is much improved over last season. I started noticing this back in the summer. He has improved/changed his shot. Not many players accomplish that once they are playing varsity ball in HS. It takes commitment. His decision making is also much improved over last season. Defense has always been a strength for Guyn and he did do a nice job on Meyer although Meyer did get about 5 open looks at the three 1st half only making one. Jackson also was key and his driving to the basket was the reason Meyer got in foul trouble. IMO Scott County would not be the team they are without Jackson this season. His strong suit is driving to the bucket his weakness is shooting. Yes he missed free throws but FC shot poorly from the line as well. Phares was solid. After FC cut the lead to three and forced a turnover with about a minute and a half left in the 4th, Phares read an inbounds play, stole the ball, and converted at the other end top put the lead at 5. This was probably the play of the game for SC as FC had to start fouling from that point. Jackson did make his free throws down the stretch. Euton was a non factor and IMO Donovan got the better that match up. Euton struggled to create his shot, and made only one trey while being guarded by FC's offensive lineman Oakley Watkins. At the end of the day my opinion about Scott County has not changed. They are a good team but not invincible. SC has their D1's compared to FC's none, but I still believe that Franklin County has a good chance to knock them off if they shoot the ball better. The key stat differential was shooting percentage....SC 52% to FC 39%.
  9. Thanks for clearing that up, because as I said I did not see any of the FC parents reacting any other way than just being disappointed in the loss.
  10. Was it an FC parent? I don't think you should automatically assume that it was. I was around most of the parents from the FC side after the game and did not see anything like this go down. Furthermore, the refs did not determine the outcome of the game, the players did.
  11. It will be three after tonight.
  12. I see Jamesville-DeWitt out of NY at #16. The kid going to Syracuse, Brandon Triche, is the best player I've seen this season.
  13. Didn't Lex Cath beat GRC 70-51 in their last meeting? I'm sure GRC will be better prepared for the 2-2-1 this time. Just think you might be going out on a limb with the prediction given the score last time and the fact that Rogers is out.
  14. Definately would have been nice, so when that happens implement plan "B". A couple of the kids got out their ice picks and shovels, cleared the driveway, and started working on three pointers. They warmed their hands on a kerosine heater in between sets of 50.
  15. I was told Thursday was first day in the gym.
  16. I'm not big on making predictions. I have to believe the Flyers can make a game of it based on the last two times the teams played. No question FC is a huge underdog. What I will predict is that it will be a great atmosphere, and that the FC Dance team will rock the house. They are no question best in the state. They are going to throw down for the first time with their "Rock mix" routine. Don't believe me.......come check em out!!!!!
  17. I agree with you LMB. No question, basketball is somethimg the whole community in Scott Co takes pride in. It is obvious that the coaches work very hard, and do a great job making players better.
  18. Can this game be picked up on the radio?
  19. Anyone seen the Jay Bilas Blog where he breaks down his definition of toughness on the basketball court? It might surprise you, and may not be what you think. I would recommend as a must read for any high school player or coach.
  20. Finally after a week of no heat no lights. The Coleman lamp and stove have been getting a workout.
  21. Probably not on that night as Holmes shot well better than 50% from three, it may have been 75%, I think 10 threes. No team shoots that good from three every night. Holmes deserve the rankings and attention they are getting. With the talent they have they should win the 9th and make a run for a state championship. I think the only thing Doomer is saying is that Hicks is a great athlete and three year starter, and makes a huge difference for FC.
  22. You should read my statement again, I never said it was true, I never said it was false. I said it was a big statement.
  23. Corbin is a very good team and a very good program, but I don't think they are that much better than FC or AC. Of course we will probably never find out. I think both would be good match ups.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.