Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. Is it really the only school mentioned????????
  2. Great job Ethan!!!! Good luck with Mason Co and Ballard. Get the "Hook" Rockin.
  3. I predict that FC's dance team will come strong on Tuesday. They continue to impress and all their hard work is obviously paying off as they were recently invited to dance at next years Orange Bowl festivities in Miami. Nice work!!!! Congratulations on the invite.
  4. Not necessarily, and for the record, I am not for and have not proposed limiting transfers. If I was school that aspired to get better with the goal of becoming a top 5 program year in year out, I would first look at other successful programs and things that they have in common. I don't necessairily think you have to "recreate the wheel".
  5. I guess I have no takers on a BGP basketball strategic planning session. Just trying get folks thinking along the lines of problem solving as opposed to problem identifying.
  6. I think implementing a "one transfer rule" would be a nightmare.
  7. Like I said, I'm not saying I'm for the proposal, but I guess a family could find a school where they were first transfer in. Actually I'm more interested in what folks think the strategies should be for schools that love their basketball and aspire to be a top 5 program year in year out.
  8. Not saying I'm for the "one transfer proposal", but I guess a family could choose to live in a community where your kid was the first transfer in, and the parent or parents could commute across the county line to their job.
  9. What do you think a school's strategy should be?
  10. I think they would still be a good team, but there wouldn't be a "marked gap" between them and the rest of the pack in the 11th. Dawg, what do you think a school's strategy should be?
  11. So what is the conclusion here? Can a program maintain year in year out a top 5 ranking by "developing players" that come through their feeder programs, or would the program need to get transfers on a regular basis? There will be transfers most every year, so what should the strategy be for schools trhat love their basketball?
  12. You have to be kidding me!!!!! No question Scott Co is a very good team, but Holmes has to be without a doubt #1 right now.
  13. Bottom line is they wouldn't be the #2 team in the state. They would be a good team as they are very well coached. Euton and Jackson were legitimately developed players before they arrived at Scott County. Euton already had a D1 offer in the bag and Jackson was already pegged as a high D1 player. Obviously it is a testament to the quality of their program that kids with very good basketball skills from outside Scott County wanting to play for the Cardinals, but in my opinion I think it is arrogant for folks to make statements that Scott County "develops players better than anyone in the state" with the high number of transfers moving in recently.
  14. They would probably be third best in their district.
  15. That is amazing the number of players that are moving to Scott Co. for high school. I think the Ivey kid still lives in Frankfort. I guess you wouldn't have to develop kids if your program is such that that many kids move to the county or cross the county line to attend your school. With three middle schools feeding the high school as well it makes for a huge advantage. About all I can say is that's one heck of a program.
  16. I've seen Hatton from Dixie and Hicks from Shelby Co. Of the two I was way more impressed with Hicks.
  17. Elliott will have a huge home court advantage playing at the Hook I would imagine. You talk about a great high school basketball atmosphere. That would be a great game to see live!!!!
  18. The only thing I've ever said about Pittman is given the fact that he is only 16 years old, and probably still growing, he hasn't reached his full physical maturity. I hope that wasn't interpreted as slow and weak. Bottom line is he will get stronger, which means he has a huge upside. That could be scary!!!! You compare him to say a Dakota Euton, I think it's safe to say he is very close to his full physical maturity. Dakota sports a full beard, which I think is a pretty good indicator he is near physical maturity.
  19. Why did the Lex schools boycott LC this season?
  20. I hope T Knipp recovers quickly. My guess is tickets will be hard to come by. It will not surprise me if Elliott wins both games. Good luck Elliott!!!!
  21. I think he is a Dunbar man, that is what I think he is refering to. He is definately not a Franklin Co. fan.
  22. I agree with the bolded statement.
  23. With regard to who is #1, I have to give the nod to Holmes having seen both teams play. I think Holmes has more depth and a better starting five as well. Probably more athletecism top to bottom on Holmes. I also think Holmes should have the edge rebounding. Not to say that SC couldn't beat Holmes, but there is no question in my mind that they deserve the #1 ranking right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.