Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Top 10 players in the 11th Region
Here is my list 1) Guyn....Scott County 2) Jackson....Scott County 3) Barksdale....Tates Creek 4) Hall......Franklin County 5) Euton....Scott County 6) Fucci....Tates Creek 7) Walker....Lafayette 8) Beckham....Lex Cath 9) Martin....Lex Cath 10) Peirach....Lex Cath
-
Top 10 players in the 11th Region
Who are the top 10 players in the 11th Region?
-
Franklin County/Louisville Holy Cross Predictions
How does Timmins look and what position will he be playing? Will he start as freshman?
-
Top 10 teams next year?
Check my posts about Scott County. I am not predicting they will faulter. I think I am just stating facts. IMO, Lex Cath has been the most dominant team in the 11th. The only reason LC is not everyone's "it" game is because many refuse to play them.
-
Top 10 teams next year?
So what is the point in talking about what could have been. There are other teams that could talk about what could have been in the 11th region tourney. Foul trouble also keeps key players off the court. Bottom line is Scott Co. got beat. They have not dominated the 11th like they did the 8th. Yes they are loaded, and have been loaded every year since joining the 11th. They have won the region once.
-
Golf-State Title front runners
Maybe not this year as they are very young but watch out for West Jessamine the next few years. Eighth grader Fred Allen Meyer challenged the St X boys this weekend at Neville Mead shooting 72 (not bad for an eigth grader), 2 back of St X's #1 player, Justin Thomas, who was low golfer. Seventh grader Conner Haas is another up and comer for West. He is a very good ball striker with a great putting stroke. As he has not physically matured yet and he struggles with length. When he grows and adds distance he will be a force. Travis Rose is a freshman at West. Another player with high potential. They are very young......I predict that West will compete with X in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Top Freshman
I agree with you that the list will change. I expect many of the kids mentioned will continue to be tops in their class, especially the ones with very good skills and work ethic. I think the thing about freshman is that there are some that have already matured physically and others that have a ways to go.
-
Top Freshman
How different do you predict them to be LMB?????
-
Top Freshman
I think that information was incorrect. I know he played summer ball with the varsity at FCHS. School started today....is he at Trinity?
-
Ricardo Johnson
I think Johnson is the top player in the state.
-
Top Freshman
Ryan Timmons......Franklin County. He will see significant action at the varsity level and will be a difference maker. No doubt one of the top freshman in the state.
-
Top 10 teams next year?
Scott County should be rated preseason 1 or 2, with Holmes being right there in one of those spots. They develop good players within their system and more importantly top talent gravitates to their program (a luxury that very few other programs can count on). All that said I would not predict that they will falter. What I will say, and it is a testament to how tough the 11th region is, is that since Scott County has moved to the 11th region, they have only made to the Sweet 16 once. They won the State Championship that year. They have been favored most years and did not make it out of the 11th. When they were in the 8th region, they got used to playing in the sweet 16 on a regular basis.
-
Shelby County News
It sure seems that way.
-
Shelby County News
This kid started for Shelby Co. last season. How does that factor in with KHSAA and eligibility? This kid's father played for Coach Mason when he was at Shelby Co. I know Coach Mason suggested to the current coaching staff to get Hicks up to the High School last season before one of the Louisville schools got a hold of him. What ever happened to generational loyalty to high school programs in KY? Seems all we do anymore is promote whats best for me right here right now.
-
Top 10 teams next year?
J-Town will be good but I was not overly impressed with them this summer. The "weak sister" of the 11th region Franklin Co. went 1-1 against them this summer. I don't believe them to be top 10.
-
Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest
I understand that Hall is having an extremely strong summer playing point gaurd. He has increased strength and I here he is averaging nearly 20 points a game for his Shining Stars team.
-
Eddie Ford KY Hoopfest
Is this the Shining Stars team that Vance Hall plays for?
-
Bluegrass Championship in Frankfort
Franklin County 64 Anderson County 43 Both teams were short players, Anderson without Jacob Russell, and franklin County without Will Bell and Ryan Timmons Vance Hall was basically too much to handle.
-
Derek Smith Shootout
Good player, but D1 talent?????? Who has offered?
-
Franklin County 2009/2010
Timmons is quick on quick!!!! He will contribute at the varsity level next season. He is a very unselfish player, sees the floor and passes well. I have not seen a guard or know of anyone in the 11th that he can't match in quickness. FC has a solid group of incoming freshman.
-
Best PG next year?
Vance Hall is a point guard. He continues to improve and has been an iron man this summer for Franklin County. He has taken his athleticism to a different level this summer through brutal workouts with a personal trainer. No player from J town or PRP could handle him in recent summer games. He is very very strong. He posterized one of the J Town players and pretty much won the game single handidly. In trying to stop Hall one of the J-Town players tried to intimidate Hall by resorting to trash talk and jersey grabbing. Hall simply shook the kid off like a ragdoll. He can get to the rim almost at will and has a repertoire of deceptive moves. The addition of an effective pull up jumper and the ability to shoot the three make him one of the top point guards in the 11th region this year in my opinion. His added strength is immediately noticeable when you see him on the floor and he is a solid 6"3" pushing 6"4". He is a very good ball handler and has pretty much been a one man press breaker this summer. Most on this site probably will say that I am blowing smoke, but I'm tellin ya, this kid is for real.
-
Franklin County 5 Scott County 1
Cograts to the Flyers!!!!! 11th Region Champs
-
11th Region Tournament
Anyone have a link for radio broadcast via the Internet? I'm interested in the FC Lex Cath game.
-
11th Region Tournament
I know you have to plan your pitching rotation, but FC better not be looking ahead.
-
May 14th Coaches' Poll
I agree with you on Anderson County. They have a very good team. Definately should be in the mix.