Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. Dawg I believe Clark will stay healthy, I wish you guys the best this season, I will be pullin for Clark to win the 10th, and make a run at Rupp, Good Luck!!!!!
  2. I like Clark county's team. I think they will be very, very, good this year. Interesting that there hasn't been alot of hype about them thus far. I suspect they are quietly going about the business of working their tails off. Don't know what they have at the point guard this season, but I suspect they have a plan. I think they will be a dangerous team that could pull off some major upsets this season.
  3. I would have no problem putting The Creek 3rd. They have some very nice players. I think Barksdale is very good.
  4. The team rankings will be different than what Wiseman has, as the season progresses. With the exception of SC and LC at the top it looks like he drew the others out of a hat.
  5. Just curious, does it cause a problem among the Catholic families when when a kid that has not been in the Lex Cath system all of a sudden shows up and starts playing over a kid that has been in the system through middle school? Many times these kids that show up are not Catholic and get significant financial aid. Does this ever become an issue with the families that are Catholic and have volunteered time and money to the program? I've just often wondered if it ever becomes difficult to promote unity and team at a place like Lex Cath?
  6. I agree wth you about Polson. He is very illusive and a majician handling the basketball. He is fun to watch and an argument could be made that he is the best point gaurd in the state.
  7. Are you talking about the kid from Shelby Valley (Justice)?
  8. Adam Jones is a beast on defense. I don't think many would want to mess with him. He is a homegrown Franklin County farmer. He is tougher than a tobacco stick and been harvestin pumpkins since he learned how to walk.
  9. The kid is a very good player, and if Scott County achieves their goals this season I think he will certainly be in the mix, but after watching UK's blue/white scrimmage last evening, no disrespect to G'lawn, I don't think he is in Bledsoe's or Wall's league. They are absolutely off the charts!!!!!!
  10. Don't disagree that they will be very good, but all 5 in the top 10 I disagree with, for instance no way Ivey is top 10 in the 11th ( I assume he will be a starter).
  11. Sounds like a situation where the grass looked greener, but in the end it really wasn't.
  12. I agree with you, as I said it was a big blow to SC. I am not arguing that it didn't hurt SC. I come from a family that has three generations that played ball in the 11th region. From what I have witnessed over the years, anything can happen come tournament time in the 11th region.
  13. I respect your opinion here and I do think losing Phares was a big blow, but we could talk about "ifs" every year in the 11th region. I don't buy it that they would have definately been at Rupp had he not been injured. Bottom line is they are not winning Region championships at the pace they were when they were in the 8th. When they moved to the 11th I got the impression from many of the posters on this site that they would continue playing in Rupp year in year out. This is not the 8th region. Lex Cath has figured out the formula for winning this region better than any other program. SC has every advantage you could want in a basketball program. IMO more than any other in the state. To improve this year SC must win the 11th.
  14. I heard his rehab is going well, and that he should be cleared by the doctor to play soon although he will probably be a redshirt this season. I also heard he has added strength.
  15. No doubt in my mind that Jackson and Hall are top 10. It does make for interesting preseason discussion to try and narrow it to 10 players as everyone has opinions and bias. It is obvious that I Have bias towards Vance Hall as I have watched him develop over the years. He will have a huge year provided he stays healthy.
  16. They should run over the other 11th Region teams. They have had the luxury of drawing top talent from around the state. They have great community support. Are well funded specifically with the Toyota raffle fundraiser, as they have many other schools raising money for them in KY and other states. Scott Co has a population of more than 40,000 with only one high school, yet they have only won region once since joining the 11th. Lex Cath has won two years straight, will this be the year SC finally returns to Rupp?
  17. Watch out for West Jessamine if they get hot. They are five deep, only thing is they are very young. Heard the 7th grader Conner Haas shot 77 at Eagle Trace. That is pretty darn good from the tips considering he only weighs 60 pounds. Just think, in another year he will be able to shoot his weight.......
  18. I was told this was the case from a reliable source. Hicks is living with his AAU coach (of The Ville) during the week and back in Shelby County on the weekend with his parents. This is not the most normal situation for a freshman in high school. Having raised boys I know it is not always the easiest transition to high school for fresman boys, I hope this kid remains humble and stays on the right track. History has shown that some people don't handle being put on a pedestal very well. They fall because they don't think are held to the same standards as the general population. At the end of the day they are indeed held to those same standards.
  19. I don't know anything about the past or present coaching situation at North, but I do have an opinion about a "revolving door of coaches". I think too many times parents look only to be critical of coaches. These same folks usually have a personnel agenda behind their criticisms. They don't look at the coaches strengths and the good things they do for "the program", because their personnel agendas aren't being met. When these criticisms get out of hand I have witnessed coaches getting "the pink slip" from their principals, because they want the problem to go away. A new coach is hired, and the same folks start making noise again about their disatisfactions. Supporting coaches in the best interest of the program as opposed to individual interests, leads to continuity, and the opportunity to build a consistently successful program. Sounds like North Oldham is on the right track.
  20. I heard that Shelby County may be challenging his eligibility (not sure it will do any good). Also was told that Hicks's family did not move to Oldham County, but that he is living with his AAU coach. I'm not sure any of this will effect his eligibility.
  21. Johnson is a very good player no doubt. IMO an argument could be made for Vance Hall to be higher on the list based on his play over the summer. He will be hard to handle this year!!! Many will be surprised.
  22. I was told West Jessamine took team honors with four players shooting in the 70's and an 81 from the 7th grader on their team. Also heard the golf course played difficult.
  23. I agree with this. The ones that really work hard to develop skills will be the players that continue to get mention down the road.
  24. I know these are not your rankings, and I'm not questioning the players listed, but a player getting no mention by Demling is Ryan Timmons. His middle school team defeated all the top teams in central Ky last season, including Scott County, the team from Richmond, and Lexington Catholic on numerous occasions. I know he matched up with the kid from Scott County and gave him all kinds of trouble. As a matter of fact the only way I saw teams slow Timmons down was by going zone. Yet Timmons gets no mention by Demling.......all I can say is unbelievable!!!!! Somebody tell me what makes this guy a guru?
  25. I believe Boris Siakam was also a foreign exchange student and went to WKU. I think he played at Caverna and took them to the state tournament.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.