Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

11th region Cats Pause preview

Featured Replies

Will Region title be in the Cards?

 

Written by Tim Wiseman/Cats Pause

 

Teams:

 

1. Scott Co

2. Lexington Catholic

3. Bryan Station

4. LCA

5. Madison Central

6. Franklin Co

7. Tates Creek

8. Henry Clay

9. Lafayette

10 dunbar

 

Players:

 

1. Ge'Lawn Guyn Scott Co

2. Will Evans LCA

3.Jauylen Beckham Lexington Catholic

4. Chad Jackson Scott Co

5. Tanner Peurah Lexington Catholic

6. Ryan Fucci Tates Creek

7. Taylor Martin Lexington Catholic

8. Marcellus Barksdale Tates Creek

9. Dakotah Euton Scott Co

10. Vance Hall Franklin Co

 

 

My self I am suprised at the player rankings and some that were left off.:idunno:

Will Region title be in the Cards?

 

Written by Tim Wiseman/Cats Pause

 

Teams:

 

1. Scott Co

2. Lexington Catholic

3. Bryan Station

4. LCA

5. Madison Central

6. Franklin Co

7. Tates Creek

8. Henry Clay

9. Lafayette

10 dunbar

 

Players:

 

1. Ge'Lawn Guyn Scott Co

2. Will Evans LCA

3.Jauylen Beckham Lexington Catholic

4. Chad Jackson Scott Co

5. Tanner Peurah Lexington Catholic

6. Ryan Fucci Tates Creek

7. Taylor Martin Lexington Catholic

8. Marcellus Barksdale Tates Creek

9. Dakotah Euton Scott Co

10. Vance Hall Franklin Co

 

 

My self I am suprised at the player rankings and some that were left off.:idunno:

 

I never have liked Wiseman. He wrote for the Kentucky Kernel when I was at UK and am not impressed by him at all. I believe the rankings are off. I think Jackson, Fucci, and Hall are all too low.

  • Author
I never have liked Wiseman. He wrote for the Kentucky Kernel when I was at UK and am not impressed by him at all. I believe the rankings are off. I think Jackson, Fucci, and Hall are all too low.

 

 

I agree, also what about Manning of Scott Co not on the top 10 list....:idunno:

I would move Jackson, and possibly Fucci, ahead of Beckham from Lexington Catholic.

Somewhat unusual that Bryan Station has a 3rd place rating with no players in the top 10?

Somewhat unusual that Bryan Station has a 3rd place rating with no players in the top 10?

 

I forgot to mention Tates Creek being 7th is a joke. They were a top 5 team last year really and they return the core of their team. Nothing against Madison Central, but they aren't going to be very good. This will be a rebuilding year for them IMO.

It doesn't sound like Wiseman did his homework on the region based on his ratings. I couldn't agree more about Tates Creek. Didn't they win the AAU high school tournament at KBA this summer? Madison Central lost their top 7 players, I can't imagine them being ranked as high as 5th. Madison Southern is probably the favorite in their district and should be in the top 10.

Tates Creek may be ranked higher in the state than they are in this 11th region Preseason poll. :idunno:

  • Author
Tates Creek may be ranked higher in the state than they are in this 11th region Preseason poll. :idunno:

 

Same for Clark Co in thier region...:idunno:

Madison Southern should be in the top 7 or 8, if MC is that good I would be shocked.

I don't ever count out MC. They are down this year but have a heck of good players on the horizon. Heard that five of the freshmen played in AAU D-II Nationals and took fourth place.

I don't ever count out MC. They are down this year but have a heck of good players on the horizon. Heard that five of the freshmen played in AAU D-II Nationals and took fourth place.

 

But they are freshmen. And they don't have a whole lot in front of them. I would guess this will be the weakest Madison Central team in the last 10 years anyways. But they'll be top-notch again before long. No offense to the Madison Central fans, but its comical to have them 5th and have Tates Creek at 7th.

It doesn't sound like Wiseman did his homework on the region based on his ratings. I couldn't agree more about Tates Creek. Didn't they win the AAU high school tournament at KBA this summer? Madison Central lost their top 7 players, I can't imagine them being ranked as high as 5th. Madison Southern is probably the favorite in their district and should be in the top 10.

 

Southern will never be the favorite in the 44th until they actually beat Central. It's a mental thing, IMO

A lot of it is mental, but Southern is the favorite this year in the 44th. They looked very impressive this summer, and have everyone back from last year's team. I watched Central play Model this summer at the Bluegrass Championship, with Central only winning by 5 and Model missing a few of their top players. I'd be surprised if Southern didn't open their new gym with a win over Central to start the season.

A lot of it is mental, but Southern is the favorite this year in the 44th. They looked very impressive this summer, and have everyone back from last year's team. I watched Central play Model this summer at the Bluegrass Championship, with Central only winning by 5 and Model missing a few of their top players. I'd be surprised if Southern didn't open their new gym with a win over Central to start the season.

 

That sounds great!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.