Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hicks headed back to Shelby County...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

  • Author

Daryl Hicks, the Shelby County kid who played as an 8th Grader last year on Shelby's varsity, was expected by just about everyone to be the next-greatest thing in the 8th region, and who enrolled in North Oldham HS for his freshman year.

 

Apparently, he is leaving North and enrolling at Shelby now.

Will he be eligible to play this season

I just confirmed with his father that Darryl is headed back to Shelby Co...

  • Author
Will he be eligible to play this season

 

If not, that probably means he won't put on a Shelby jersey again. This is heresay only, but I've been told he's in what will be the Martha Layne Collins HS district.

 

Honestly, I would think that he would be eligible still...but I honestly don't know. Seriously doubt he would have gone back if he couldn't play, though.

If not, that probably means he won't put on a Shelby jersey again. This is heresay only, but I've been told he's in what will be the Martha Layne Collins HS district.

 

Honestly, I would think that he would be eligible still...but I honestly don't know. Seriously doubt he would have gone back if he couldn't play, though.

 

Do you think the family consulted the KHSAA beforehand? I don't see how he could be eligible, but then again, wasn't the Macon kid able to play football for Danville in the fall, then play basketball at Taylor Co. in the winter?

  • Author
Do you think the family consulted the KHSAA beforehand? I don't see how he could be eligible, but then again, wasn't the Macon kid able to play football for Danville in the fall, then play basketball at Taylor Co. in the winter?

 

I don't know if the family consulted the KHSAA. I'm sure it would really be a painful experience for all if the kid moved back, only to be told he can't play at Shelby...

I don't know if the family consulted the KHSAA. I'm sure it would really be a painful experience for all if the kid moved back, only to be told he can't play at Shelby...

 

I think we all know hurt feelings are pretty low on the KHSAA's priority list when ruling on transfers.

There is no reason he would not be eligible. He has never played a varsity sport for North, so he is auomatically eligible.

I know a bunch of the kids at Shelby were very upset when he left, I wonder how they will accept him.

Wow, I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

 

Me too!!

I know a bunch of the kids at Shelby were very upset when he left, I wonder how they will accept him.

 

There maybe hard feelings at first, but with a talented kid like that now gives Shelby Co a boost that makes them the definite favorite, I think they will get over it quick. I can't see him having any problems being eligible considering he hasn't played a varsity sport anywhere yet.

Did he play varsity as a freshman at North? Because if he only played varsity as an 8th grader last year he would have no worries about transferring.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.