Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th
-
Boone County 74 Dixie Heights 44
I disagree with this. A flat shot has less chance of going in than an arcing shot because there is less room for error. The angle at which an arcing shot approaches the rim give the ball a better chance of going in.
-
Franklin County 61 Anderson County 52
Donovan had a great game with 17 pts 10 rebounds. It seems when his brother Chris shows up foir games Andy always plays well. Andy hit some big shots at critical points in the game. I'm not sure but I don't think he missed any of his free throws. His defense was solid and his rebounding is always really good. The player I mentioned in the prediction thread, Vance Hall, also came through with a big game. He had 15 points, but what he brings that doesn't show up in the points column is toughness. If you knew his dad you would know that this kid has never had any choice but to be tough. He stepped up and had quite a few what I call "roothog" plays, tough rebounds, loose balls etc... He collected one really tough rebound amougnst Penny and Russell, chinned the ball, and Penny sort of got in his space. Penny was smart enough to get out of his space real quick by flopping. It's not a smart move to get in Hall's space. I love the way Vance plays because he has roothogablilty!!!!!!
-
Ballard 74 George Rogers Clark 73
Good luck, hope you guys make it!!! One thing is for sure, GRC having played a very tough schedule, knows what they have ahead of them.
-
Franklin County 61 Anderson County 52
County still IMO opinion has not played their best ball. Nice win against a very physical Anderson County team. Penny got his (some on wild bank shots) but no one else got theirs. Not a bad game plan for the Flyers!!!! I have not seen a kid interact with the opponents crowd like Penny did tonight, maybe it fired him up, I don't know, it seemed a bit rediculous to me. In any event Franklin County lead wire to wire with everyone stepping up during the game. If I'm not mistaken FC at this point holds opponents to fewer points per game than any team in the 11th, the sign of good defense. FC has performed well the last two weeks against respectable competition. The weak middle sister of the 11th has reason to be proud.
-
Who's the best shooter?
Barrett Meyer is 56 of 124 from 3PT in 21 games ( does not include the Clark Co game).
-
Who's the best shooter?
Very nice stats!!!!! Doesn't Riley get to school early in order to get shots up. Isn't this the first year he has started? If that is true you have to respect the kids persistence. I would guess he is also very humble. Meyer's stats are FG 49.8% 3PT 45.2% FT 72.3%
-
Who's the best shooter?
I think that Fergusan is the best pure shooter in the state. He doesn't need to be hyped up because he has the stats to prove it and has consistently shot well for 5 years at the varsity level. The attribute he has that I think is extremely positive is that he is modest and very humble. If you compliment the kid he will always shake your hand, look you in the eye, and thank you for the compliment. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.
-
Who's the best shooter?
I see he has an offer from Virginia Tech, is that offer still available, and is he considering it?
-
Who will win the 8th Region?
I lke Anderson to win it, but I think Shelby County is dangerous.
-
Anderson County @ Franklin County (2/20)
Another interesting thing about this matchup is that many of these kids played together on very successful AAU teams in their grade and middle school years, so these kids know each other fairly well.
-
Bullitt East 80 Highlands 76
Frankiln County played Bullitt East early in the season and I could tell they were very well coached also. Their success does not surprise me.
-
Anderson County @ Franklin County (2/20)
C J Penny is very good, and with Big Jake Russell on the other block they can really cause problems for other teams. Anderson is very well coached by Drury. Anderson plays physical so you have to make hard cuts and be strong with the ball to beat them. The guy for County that thrives in that environment is Vance Hall. Vance straight up has roothogablilty. He will absolutely battle for every loose ball and every rebound. He has to play well for County to win.
-
West Jessamine 68 Henry Clay 65
West Jess might be looking strong in th 12th!!!! The defeat Lex Cath and now Henry Clay.
-
Anderson County @ Franklin County (2/20)
Creature, I think Meyer will be guarding Penny.
-
Why is Lexington all together?
All I am saying is that if the population projections come to fruition, Scott County will not be able to avoid a split forever. Right now the population in Scott County is close to equal to some neighboring counties (with 3 high schools) at over 40,0000. The projections I have seen have Scott County surpassing them by as many as 20,000 people in future years. If this does indeed happen I don't believe Scott County will be able to avoid a split to just keep their sports programs in place. Just my opinion.
-
Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
I hope Rogers gets back so GRC has it's best chance to make it's best run in the post season. You guys have great fans that are passionate about the game and that's what I think helps make Ky high school basketball great. Hope you guys make it to Rupp!!!!
-
Why is Lexington all together?
You will see the same thing happen in Scott County ultimately. They have a site, a technical school is on the way, and ultimately there will be another high school in Scott Co I would guess in that same time frame.
-
Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
If you look at the stats on the KHSAA scoreboard Rogers is indeed averaging 15 and 10. It is very unfortunate for GRC that he is out with injury, and I hope he gets back for the post season, but we will never know what difference he would have made last night because he didn't play. Would you just add the 15 and 10 in GRC's stat columns? I don't think it works that way.
-
BGP Rankings 2-17
Nice windmill dunk by Pittman, He definately plays above the square. I here everybody in the country wants him. Are his grades in order so he can take advantage of the opportunities coming his way?
-
Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
- Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
Could be if he is getting offensive put backs.- Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
Monster game for the OAK TREE!!! Best he has shot the three all year. We have seen this in the past but his three point shooting has been dormant so far this season. His coming out party is welcomed and a good sign for the post season. Nice job Oak!!!!! I think Centre's football coach liked what he saw as well.- Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56
Gold Sunrise you have seen GRC play more than I have. GRC is a very good team and I think the favorite to come out of the 10th region. The difference in the game was defense. I said in the prediction thread that this would be the difference in the game, and I said it would be a toss up. In this game FC played the better defense when they made their run. My brother was keeping track and told me there was a stretch when FC held GRC to 15 points in 16 minutes starting in the second quarter and into the 2nd half. FC built a 16 point lead. FC made GRC take contested shots which are more difficult to make. This trend is in line with how they have played all year. I think they lead the 11th region in points scored by opponents, the sign of good defense. Good defense makes an opponent play bad. The other thing County did well was they only turned the ball over three times the second half, which I also predicted as Meyer, Hall, and Hicks handle the ball well and make good decisions. The off night for FC was Meyer being off from three. Before the game he was shooting 45% from three, but only hit one tonight. I was impressed with Zollo, he works very hard in the post. Hatton proved how tough a kid he is. If GRC replaces Hatton and Williams sufficiently they will be scary the next two years. Good luck to GRC, I hope you guys win the 10th.- George Rogers Clark vs Franklin County 2/17
Really didn't see any sarcasm in that post. BTW FC beat GRC last season with Rogers and Purvis. I think FC just got lucky in that one. As I posted earlier it should be a very entertaining game, and I expect that FC, the "weak middle sister of the 11th region" will show up and do its best to compete.- Tough draw for Dunbar and Tates Creek
Why exactly did the public schools boycott Lex Cath? Looks like that decision has come back to bite the public schools. - Franklin County 64 George Rogers Clark 56